Posted: May 18th 2011 8:27PM CCon99 said

Well some good news for DCUO players that still play as it seems Chris Cao was quietly dumped from DCUO.

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:36PM Daemodand said

@CCon99 Chris "I don't want invulnerability in a superhero MMO" Chao.

Posted: May 19th 2011 4:01PM Space Cobra said

@CCon99 @Anyone-at-all

I am curious as to the scuttlebutt, but why did Chris Cao leave (or was let go)?

I am just curious to listen to SOE's statement. Not saying that he was bad or good, but I just feel like learning why he was replaced and where did they move him off to. (Again, not complaining about Mark. Just curious on office politics. Please, serious rumors only.)

Posted: May 18th 2011 8:31PM Furdinand said

I don't have anything against Chris Cao, but Mark Anderson seems like a really solid choice for game director. The art in DCUO is pretty impeccable (except for the Jersey Shore Cupids) and the combat system is really solid.

Some of the Update 3 teasers sound compelling. It seems like it will include another solo challenge (Ra's Ah Gaul), a seasonal event pitting Swamp Thing against Poison Ivy, and Oolong Island getting a Hard Alert variant.
The new duo sounds like a variant on the Two-Face solo challenge, which I think is new as the other duos are drawn from leveling instances. I wonder if is will also include the Split Personality style drops and Wanyetech rep. I hope so, I'm not terribly fond of the solo challenge reward system.
It also sounds like Update 4 will include the first part of a Fortress of Solitude raid.

Posted: May 18th 2011 9:18PM (Unverified) said

I just heard that SOE had to re-take down part of the PSN due to an oversight with having users use their old password and DOB info to create a new password. The problem being that these "old passwords" and DOB info was what was leaked previously so some of the hacked accounts were able to recreate a new hacked password. Might be worth looking into the validity of this.

Posted: May 18th 2011 9:32PM Icemasta said

@(Unverified)
It required the e-mail and the date of birth, after which it would send an e-mail to start the password reset process. The problem lies in the fact that people's e-mail and DoB was in the database that was extracted and as such, anyone could go and request a new password.

Now, this doesn't mean that any security hole has happened. It simply means anyone who got their hands on the hacked database could do the password reset process for you (how nice) but they'd never get to see the e-mail sent and the new password you'd enter!

The main security issue with this is that PEOPLE are retarded and use the same password everywhere.

Posted: May 20th 2011 2:47AM (Unverified) said

@Icemasta
Uhm... No?
All I was asked to do (on the PS3) was to enter my old password and a new password. Nothing else. This may be limited to certain regions...

Posted: May 18th 2011 11:02PM Yellowdancer said

So Mark and Jens are the two senior designers now...this is odd because these are two console guys. The plus side is Mark knows what is fun from a gaming standpoint(minus those fat cherub men) and Jens is a comic book nerd(and has a fetish for aquaman). But any change in direction is good at this point. And Chris didn't seem to support PC gaming or MMO's anyway. Hopefully a new producer letter will come out to tell where the game is going.

Posted: May 18th 2011 11:04PM Yellowdancer said

@Yellowdancer

I feel stupid...I didn't notice the producer letter. Derp... :)

Posted: May 19th 2011 4:22AM pcgneurotic said

Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha, LOVE the picture with this post. 'Welcome back SOE' indeed. :D :D :D

Posted: May 19th 2011 5:33AM Jormaster said

Ok, awesome i want to go back to DCUO after my exam.

Posted: May 19th 2011 6:59AM MMOaddict said

Wow, no welcome back letter for Vanguard players? If anything, I'm more pissed at SOE for letting VG sink then this stupid hacker debacle. Come on SOE, don't let it die FTP or sell or just throw some devs and bucks at it already!

Posted: May 19th 2011 11:30AM enamelizer said

I see that SOE has not changed their awesome support for Vanguard! How depressing for VG players.

SOE Admins: "Whoops we forgot to turn VG back on, flip the switch quick!"

VG Admins: "We were down? I didn't notice a change in the server population..."

VG Devs: "What have we been working on the past few weeks? Nothing since we don't exist!"

Sorry VG players, just a bitter ex-player here having a bit of fun...

Posted: May 20th 2011 10:56PM TheNexxuvas said

Looking good, Mr Kotter!!