Posted: May 18th 2011 3:11PM trisnkh said

They should have included bubble chat just like any other MMO. It would be so cool rather than typing in the chat box. Looking forward to the patch though

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:30PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
couldnt care less. the game in general and the pvp are hated by most veterans, with no improvements to look forward to until the end of this year according to the latest dev Q&A (LOL!) glaring imbalances are still not recognized as legitimate issues by the devs. CQ would have been decent if their entire team wasnt dedicated to it (despite what they might say). there's a lot of raging on the forums and most see CCP as a bunch of failboaters, with good reason. im glad i left when i did

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:58PM PrimeSynergy said

@(Unverified)

Cool story homie

Posted: May 18th 2011 4:03PM mikejr said

@(Unverified)

Nothing like a little FUD...

2004 player looking forward to Incarna, and reminding you that I still very much enjoy the game and PVP. Get out of Empire.

Posted: May 18th 2011 4:37PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
@mikejr

lol. ive been playing since beta and im in the [arguably] best pvp corp in the game. we're bored out of our minds.

Posted: May 18th 2011 7:49PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Please do tell kind sir of this elite pvp corp that is so bored...... 0.0 Space is ----> way homie. Try it sometime.

Is the content being released slow? Yes...Is it free? Yes. I say it is a fair trade. CCP has bungled a few things but I think you are just full of hot air my friend.

Posted: May 19th 2011 1:48PM ApathyCurve said

I just knew I'd come in here and find some nullsec ganker-goon whining about "wasted resources" or some such. Broken record doesn't even begin to cover it.

As for "raging on the forums," there's ALWAYS raging on the EVE forums. I'd faint in surprise if I ever found a thread that wasn't chock full of nerd-rage.

People enjoy the game in different ways. CCP does not exist to cater to the every whim of null-sec denizens, (despite what the current CSM may believe).

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:45PM Halldorr said

Their initial release of Incarna is just walking around the Captains Quarters (part of your ship) isn't it? So it's not really anything...um...amazing upon first release is it?

I think it looks fantastic but it still doesn't add much in the way of functionality I don't think.

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:50PM Jef Reahard said

@Halldorr

It's walking around on the stations (not your ship). But yet, the first iteration is fairly basic from what I understand. I'm excited though, because I expect to be playing, as well as reading and writing about EVE 10 years from now, and this could be the first step towards something fairly unique.

Can't really say that about most of the MMOs we cover.

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:54PM Halldorr said

@Jef Reahard

Yeah, that was what I was asking - that it isn't much upon first release (I know they plan on adding things like player run shops etc). My wife is looking forward to it being fully fleshed out but when I informed her it's just in your ship right now she replied with:

"well I can afk with my pretty avatar then"

Posted: May 18th 2011 5:02PM (Unverified) said

@Jef Reahard

What's "fairly unique" about it? Star Wars Galaxies has had you walking around in your ship, and even bringing along other people to walk around in your ship and man the guns for you while fighting, for years now.

Posted: May 18th 2011 11:29PM Jef Reahard said

@(Unverified)

Fairly unique was in reference to what EVE could become over the course of many years, not the specifics of walking around in a ship.

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:56PM PrimeSynergy said

I suppose this means I should finally put some pants on my avatar...

Posted: May 18th 2011 4:15PM Mode7James said

What's new with these images?? The ships are still way too far away in the hangar to be impressive. Remember the fanfest video that showed a character walking around their ship, up close and personal? I want my ship to look impressive and up close.

Posted: May 18th 2011 8:36PM Lateris said

I think this is a jolly good phase 1 as we will eventually move towards the rest of the Stations, Cantina's, Offices, Sec Wars (Mini Game)and then more options. I know currently they state we will only walk on stations but I will bet 200 million ISK that we will eventually be walking on planets, space walks, walk on asteroid stations, and Eve will have atmospheric flight in the distant future for the "PC Game" with no loading screens from space to the planets surface. It is inevitable.

Posted: May 18th 2011 9:08PM Monkey D Luffy said

They need to add Mass Effect style combat in space stations and boarding of big ships.

Capturing space stations and big ships by boarding them and fighting the captain in the corridors would be awesome.

Too bad this is all there is.

Posted: May 19th 2011 1:07AM JuliusSeizure said

@Monkey D Luffy

I'm reasonably certain DUST 514 will include battles in space stations (and maybe ships), not just on the surface of planets. Maybe not right away, but it'll be something they'll include at some point because it's only logical and not especially difficult to do.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014