Posted: May 17th 2011 12:09PM dudes said

Life imitated art when the SOE network went down and they did similar to the matrix as an ingame finishing event.

Posted: May 17th 2011 1:42PM Popplewell said

Had some fun times in that game but I never really liked them killing off Morpheus, whatever their reasoning as he was the game's major link to the movies for me.

The first live event where the Oracle spoke to everyone at the end is an MMO experience I won't forget though :)

Posted: May 17th 2011 2:16PM (Unverified) said

Very cool of you to follow up with him ;) I like his artwork on his personal site too! Creative stuff.

Posted: May 17th 2011 5:05PM StClair said

"He was a man, take him for all in all,
I shall not look upon his like again."

Posted: May 17th 2011 7:57PM slickie said

Long live Rarebit.

Posted: May 17th 2011 8:16PM Krelian said

Sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man – and I'm talkin' about the Rarebit here – sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Rarebit.

Posted: May 18th 2011 6:31AM Rodj Blake said

I never played MxO, but this kinda makes me wish that I had.

Rarebit is exactly the sort of person that needs to be paid a fortune by MMO companies to make their games more awesome.

I'm looking at you CCP - hire this man to work on the Eve storyline.

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:52PM Space Cobra said

@Rodj Blake

Same; wish I played, but I always resisted (I was never big on the Matrix movies).

I feel his last comment of not having designer-involvement is a bit sad: I remember in some other MMOs (UO, MUDs, some others) that it was a GOOD thing. It should not be the *only* thing, but it should definitely be in there. Such story-interaction and similar really grows and MMO for players and Devs.

It need not be the main tool, but it should be in the tool box.

Posted: May 19th 2011 6:03AM echoMateria said

I have so many fond memories of playing MXO, much more than any other MMO that I played before or after.

I should thank everyone that spent time in making it, and once again to Rarebit for making it feel alive.

Thank you.

(signed by Figure of Tetragrammaton)

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:26PM stealthrider said

EPIC thankyou for this!

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM