Posted: May 17th 2011 3:48PM WyattEarp89 said

I have heard that their customer service is bad. While I do not have any experience to share with Gpotato, I do have one for Perfect World Entertainment and Frogster America.

With Perfect World Entertainment I was having an issue with patching Ether Saga. I sent in a support ticket and in a little less than 24 hours I got a response and the person was very nice and he fixed my issue.

With Frogster America I sent in a ticket to report a player from harassing me non stop even when I tried to tell them to stop. In about a little over 24 hours I got a response and the GM said he will take care of it.

I have heard that people have had issues with Frogster America and Perfect World Entertainment when it comes to customer support. But sometimes the issue is not them but the way you write your ticket.

I have heard from tech support people that they sometimes have a hard time taking care of someones issue because they did not explain it well and the customer gives a bad rep. to the customer service when the tech, or other support service, have issues with their problem.

I would rather play a game that has good customer support than a company that takes 2+ weeks to answer a ticket, that is just stupid.

Posted: May 17th 2011 3:53PM (Unverified) said

Good review.

As far as customer service goes, I have found that most of my CS issues are much more quickly handled on the allods forums. http://allods-forum.gpotato.com/

There are some dedicated GM's there that will see your issue and give you a quick and concise response. As an example I would like to submit these two issues I posted up.

This one was a sort of complaint

This was a bug report

I have never done a "Oops I deleted an item" post, but I suspect it would be handled far more efficiently through the forums. You should give it a try and see what happens.

-X

Posted: May 17th 2011 5:49PM Ordegar said

@(Unverified)
That's good to know, though his test is of the official support channels. Perhaps gPotato needs to have those GMs spend more time looking at support tickets and less time on the forums.

At least we know where to go now if we do need help.

Posted: May 17th 2011 6:44PM haneybird said

@Ordegar
The forums are an official support channel for Allods as you can see if you click the link Unverified gave. In fact there are 4 different subforums dedicated to various purposes including a player driven support forum.

For as small of a community Allods have the forums are extremely active and the mods/GMs interact with posters more frequently that any other MMO I have seen with the possible exception of EVE. As a result Allods has one of the the friendliest MMO forums I have been to.

gPotato should leave those GMs right where they are on the forums.

Posted: May 18th 2011 9:23AM Caerus said

@haneybird I think you're missing the point of this article. It's great that there's such a strong community and help available through the forums, but the author spent two weeks in the game and didn't encounter it. If it's the official and best method of finding help then it needs to be clearly documented in the game and on the website.

While it's possible Jef did see a link to that while trying to file his ticket, I really doubt he would fail to mention it because the point of these articles is about overall quality, accessibility, and friendliness.

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:26PM Jef Reahard said

@Caerus

Yeah, I was actually unaware of the forum support deal. I typically don't visit forums during my CD play sessions unless I'm really having trouble figuring out something related to the gameplay. I'll definitely do it in the future though thanks to this issue.

Also, you all may be interested to know that I was contacted by the Allods team and given similar information (I've updated the article to reflect that).

Posted: May 17th 2011 8:23PM Doran7 said

I liked the game.. There is a heavy grind like you'll find in most free to play games. I find many of the quests to be a little uncompelling.. I want more story line stuff. but who knows maybe with a little more polish and some expansions it will get those.

Posted: May 17th 2011 9:33PM Tribis said

I'm sure there are two servers, not one.

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:18PM Darkwood71 said

@Tribis

There are two server Nezeb and Tensess. Of the two, Tensess has the lower server population.

Posted: May 18th 2011 3:23PM Jef Reahard said

@Darkwood71

Huh, I was never given a server choice when creating any of my characters across two accounts. Is Nezeb a European server perhaps?

Posted: May 18th 2011 7:19PM Tribis said

@Jef Reahard It is an American server, but choosing your server of preference is not very intuitive at all.

Posted: May 17th 2011 11:49PM thesquarelemon said

About the whole "What is an Allod?" bit:

Allods Online is actually at least the third game in a series of games going back more than ten years. As some older gamers might remember the first two games, Allods: Sealed Mystery and Allods: Master of Souls, by their english translation names, Rage of Mages and Rage of Mages: Necromancer, respectively.

Why the change in name from the originals? They wanted to avoid the question "What is an Allod, anyway?"

Posted: May 18th 2011 7:18PM Tribis said

Nope, it is an American server. I used to play on Nezeb.