Posted: May 16th 2011 6:53PM Ghostspeaker said

If I knew anyone who still played Aion this might actually tempt me to go give it another shot. Well, and also if I could still get into my NCSoft master account. *sigh*

Posted: May 16th 2011 7:52PM edgecrusherO0 said

I'm re-activating my account to check out the new graphics and some of the other new features. Mentoring system seems pretty cool (especially since they dealt with some of the problems that it caused in Korea) and will probably help motivate me to finish leveling my temp ^_^

Posted: May 17th 2011 12:39AM Gen Zodd said

Still my favorite MMO. There are other good ones for sure, but Aion has a certain charm to it.

Posted: May 17th 2011 4:38AM Lorell said

Mentor system is pretty cool to help low lvl friends / guildmates' alts ect. I have seen 2 mentor daily quest till now (haven't checked it every day), and they are like "kill 5 x elite", "kill 5 y elite in different area". I'm afraid that beside friends / legions, high lvl players will use low lvl chars only to farm these mentor tokens. Like these quests don't encourage you to help finishing campaign quests or instance, just x elite mobs, so maybe high lvl ppl will go take low lvl ones, kill 5 mobs and then left little ones without finishing quests...

Hope I have such feeling only because I've seen few mentor daily quests and other quests encourage u to help.

Posted: May 17th 2011 6:44AM Aventis said

Looks good, now theres incentive for high level players to run low level players through the dungeons which in turn makes grouping for lowbies no longer impossible :) move in the right direction! :)

Posted: May 17th 2011 3:22PM Sukiyaki said

The Mentor system is a great concept but needs a lot more polish. Not because it lacks but because it has a HUGE potential.

NCSoft broke the boundaries between levels of the classic level progression, where others just gave up and relied to lure play in with some shallow "endgame" race.

You finally can enjoy the same content of you passed allready "technically" Now you can still play with others together in content that would have been "meaningless" in any other game and both contribute to others AND benefit your own now. Without crippling yourself and full support of the game. You dont have to pretend the old content is fun by forcefully restricting yourself. NCSoft brings solutions where others give cheap bandaids like XP stops and ask the player to fix a broken system himself..

The Mentor system became quite popular in Korea allready. I have no doubts it will gain positive feedback in the West.

If there is one think NCSoft excells over other producer its the fact they never neglect their content. They dont just recycle "old" content and then even dare to make you pay for the same crap in green. But they allways extend and expand on every edge of the game even if its the bottom or the back.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014