Posted: May 13th 2011 11:18AM (Unverified) said

Looks like great fun, I really like how Turbine is taking a slightly more novel approach to dungeons as a late. Hopefully these live up to expectations and keep us busy until Isengard.

Posted: May 13th 2011 11:24AM Nerves said

This looks like a lot of fun. I'm getting pretty bored lately, and this will hopefully inject something into my playtime.

Posted: May 13th 2011 12:00PM Nandini said

Is that a subtle hint that Update 3 will be deployed on Monday, May 23? I haven't seen this date announced elsewhere yet.

Posted: May 13th 2011 12:01PM Nandini said

Oh, I guess it's not so subtle. I just missed it the first time it was mentioned. Hooray for reading comprehension!

Posted: May 13th 2011 12:13PM (Unverified) said

Thank you Justin for asking about colorblind folks, we are a overlooked group of players in MMOs and games in general and it was a great question to ask them.

I am extremely excited to see these new instances, but are there any details on the levels in which we can enter these? Are they open for all? Do they come with zone purchases or do they cost TP of their own?

Posted: May 13th 2011 1:37PM Nerves said

@(Unverified)
They are free for VIP, but Premium players will need to pay for them. They are not included in any existing quest packs.

Posted: May 13th 2011 2:30PM cyanpill said

@(Unverified)
THey will cost 395tp each for non-vip. A total of almost 1600 points.

Posted: May 13th 2011 2:46PM Crell said

@cyanpill BR pricing is subject to change. Does massively have any live pricing info?

Posted: May 13th 2011 3:32PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
If it weren't for the fact that there's a few instances in this "update", it would be called a patch. And as far as the instances go, if you did the Halloween instance last year, the Forsaken Inn instance is a lot like it...in every way. It feels more like a run through the maze in Bree than it does a challenging instance. I think a lot of players will be disappointed with it. Top it off with the fact that they pulled the new PvMP area yet again, and the game really isn't worth playing anymore. It feels like the game is turning in to Free Realms.

Posted: May 13th 2011 8:25PM JaySpeed said

@(Unverified)

I assume you're talking about Bilbo's Haunted Burrow. IoF is nothing like that instance. That was more of an amusement park with side quests. IoF is an instanced dungeon. You have to fight your way to the end and there are some unique combat mechanics especially the boss of the instance. I do agree it's a smaller sized update but consider it's only been 2 months since Update 2. I'm fine with Turbine making smaller updates on a more frequent schedule. If there's no more updates until Isengard launches, then you'll have something valid to complain about.

Posted: May 13th 2011 8:26PM ThePuzzler said

@(Unverified) That's a bit hasty to say. If the game isn't worth playing anymore because you hit the cap, or you've completed every region, or whatever you've done and there isn't anything else to do, I'm sorry to say that's how it is with most games. Once you beat the content of the game there isn't usually too much worth doing (Other than getting gear, running instances, and earning rep, of course). There's an expansion coming that'll give you whole new region(s) and 10 extra levels (I think, correct me on that if I'm wrong). Lotro PvP has never been the best, because it varies from server to server. One server may have PvMP with consistent 20 vs 20 fights, while another will feature nothing more than scattered fighting. Just stick it out till Isengard, I'm sure that expansion will feature a lot of new content that will make the game "worth playing".

Posted: May 15th 2011 4:37PM (Unverified) said

@ThePuzzler: As I have been playing since the game came out, I've always found stuff to do. However, since they've turned everything into a horrid grind, like needing over 2,000 medallions for the new armor set (or even making the anniversary itself, which has been quite fun in the past, a grind as well), I really don't want to have to run the new instances 45+ times just to get some armor that will be obsolete when RoI comes out in six months. On top of that, the recent news of Turbine holding off on the PvMP zone yet again, and the fact that you'll pretty much be able to "buy" your Monster Player come Rise of Isengard, has left a bad taste in my mouth as well. Oh, and don't even get me started on how they are pushing everyone, even VIP's, to use the store, why do you think they're making everything such a grind? So they can sell you stuff in the store to make the grind "easier". And, finally, as far as I know, there won't be an update between Update 3 and RoI, so I don't see why they did Update 3 so hurriedly...oh yeah, that's right...it's mostly bug fixes. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I just hate what Turbine is turning it in to.

Posted: May 14th 2011 3:32AM Faction 3 said

Im dying to know, are there any F2P players who are level-capped and actually able to raid properly?

I've always wondered about this.

Posted: May 14th 2011 8:41AM ThePuzzler said

@Faction 3 If I remember there was this one guy who beat the game by only spending 10$ for some TP to buy Moria. He ground TP deeds and played multiple chars through the regions he unlocked, and eventually managed to get all of Eriador and Rhovanion, as well as a few of the skirms. He know runs a kinship on riddenmark, I think, but I might be wrong about the server.

Posted: May 14th 2011 2:08PM demonlife said

I'm honestly getting annoyed by the gimmicry Turbine's been putting into LOTRO lately. Too many of their more recent instances feel like boss fights from old SNES games or something: wait until the boss turns a certain color before you kill him; pull 3 levers in the right order all the while dodging fire balls that insta-kill you if they hit you. I want to play an RPG, not Mega Man.