Posted: May 13th 2011 1:45PM Infexion said

Wonder if the Sony network being down has anything to do with it.

Posted: May 13th 2011 4:25PM DevilSei said

@Infexion

Eh, its more to do with there being NO NA game as of yet.

I'm betting at least a 3rd of that 250k is NA players who would rather be playing on the Redbanan NA client instead of the Euro-Client. I know I would.

Posted: May 13th 2011 2:14PM Distaste said

The only reason they need a double xp weekend is because they broke the leveling curve and it goes from a great pace of questing to mob grinding at 17. A lot of people have stopped playing due to that wall. I stopped at 18 when I realized it was going to be 32 more levels of grinding instances 100x per level for mediocre loot that 99% of the time isn't better than quest loot.

Posted: May 13th 2011 7:11PM Faction 3 said

@Distaste Agreed, in OB it was fine, then I hit 17 with my Gadgeteer and it slowed to a crawl almost instantly....Safe to say I've not been back since.

Posted: May 15th 2011 6:25AM BGExorcist said

@Faction 3 ]

absolutely the same, 40k to lvl 17 and not a quest left. Mobs give you ~ 50 xp

Posted: May 13th 2011 3:29PM chuckasucka said

Is this European release the same as the North American client that you can download from the NA site right now? Same versions of the game, etc?

Posted: May 13th 2011 6:31PM wondersmith said

@chuckasucka

There is no North American client for Mythos, and there likely never will be. Redbana has obviously lost interest in the game. Notice that the last news item on their website was posted nearly a year ago. The European Mythos serves all the Western world.

Posted: May 13th 2011 3:35PM OmegaDestroyer said

How is the game?

Posted: May 13th 2011 4:02PM blix2006 said

@OmegaDestroyer terrible as stated above...the terrible grinding is bad enough to make even the most dedicated Asian blush.if that were fixed it would be a decent distraction til diablo 3 but the way it is now the game is 100% unplayable this way.

Posted: May 13th 2011 5:21PM Dunraven said

How can so much suck draw that many people?

Posted: May 13th 2011 10:38PM Budukahn said

@Dunraven

Well, in my case, I'd heard things about this game on and off throughout the years, ever since Flagship Studios - they of Hellgate London fame went under. I actually rather liked Hellgate, at least in concept if not execution so was tempted to try this when it finally came and and was free.

I got a day's fun out of the game, playing around to level 10 on one character and mucking about with some others, but if this was every a western game it has been utterly, unrepentantly Easternized into the very paradigm of the much maligned asian grind.

The biggest fault I think though is the appalling localization of the game. It's so poorly obvious the English dialogue in the game was written by someone who had probably never lived in an English speaking country or had anything to do with English speakers in a professional capacity.

And that's the killer. I'm not going to buy things in an item shop when the descriptions are so badly written. It looks nonprofessional, sloppy and a damn bad idea to give these people any payment details.

Posted: May 13th 2011 7:57PM Germaximus said

Its a very fun game.

Diablo did it right tho, the grind didnt actually feel grindy until you were over level 80.

Posted: May 15th 2011 6:26AM BGExorcist said

as I asked in the chat, the grind in this game is: "excrutiating"