Posted: May 13th 2011 12:05PM ElfLove said

So...is this game ever coming out? I mean it looks kinda done to me.

I feel like I've been reading about TERA for years. O_O

Posted: May 13th 2011 12:22PM paterah said

@ElfLove Please explain "it looks kinda done to me". In what way? Are you judging that from the screenshots?

Posted: May 13th 2011 12:45PM Alex Oglitchkin said

@ElfLove It will be done in 4months. At least that is what Gamestop is thinking.

Posted: May 13th 2011 1:00PM (Unverified) said

@paterah

Technically the game has been done since January (it's already released in Korea) so we'e just been waiting for them to finish the technical aspects with setting up the NA and EU servers and all the localization changes (all of them wanted or not). Hopefully we will finally get some on hands time with the game in the next couple of months.

Posted: May 13th 2011 1:17PM paterah said

@(Unverified) Technically the game is launched not done. From what I've heard there was a lack of content when the game was released in Korea, I believe they have that in mind and implementing updates as the korean version progresses.

Posted: May 13th 2011 1:23PM Jade Effect said

@ElfLove

On the bright side, getting it later means the launch issues are patched.

Posted: May 13th 2011 4:44PM (Unverified) said

@paterah What a lot of people are missing is that NA TERA and KR TERA have essentially been forked. What happens in one is not an indication of what will happen in the other.

The whole point of EME "Westernizing" TERA is to add in content, rebalanced the game, and other goals that change certain aspects. When they are done, they will look the same, but that will be the most striking similarity.

Posted: May 13th 2011 2:32PM Daemodand said

That monster isn't wearing any clothes and this is Tera kekekelelolz.

Posted: May 13th 2011 3:08PM Alba said

There is lack of content atm in korea so they waiting for upc expansion so they can release it all in EU/NA...thats a good thing

Posted: May 13th 2011 3:11PM (Unverified) said

I think they need a early NA open beta to get any interest in this game, I think alot of people are very leery. If you check out Tera forums, they highlight some very major issues from the Korean beta. It could be a very costly flop to do a retail release without knowing the interested level.

It seems like Tera has potential, but it has the risk to be a FFXIV.

Posted: May 13th 2011 4:49PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Having already played TERA (and FFXIV) I can tell you that there is no way that TERA will be anything like XIV. When it is done it will actually work, and be fun.

Though I can agree that you really need to PLAY TERA in order to understand what is awesome about this game. It is unlike anything I have ever played before and being a Vanilla WoW player, it is the only MMO that was able to hold my attention for more than 4 hours and make me want to play more.

It certainly is the underdog MMO this year but underdogs have a habit of being surprisingly better than anyone anticipated.