Posted: May 11th 2011 1:09PM Saker said

Very nice!
Looks like alot of shoddy construction though. Definitely not up to code. Somebody must be paying off the inspectors... Isn't that always the way...
Wish this game was out, I'm so hungry for something worth playing.

Posted: May 11th 2011 1:13PM Lenn said

Wow.

Posted: May 11th 2011 4:55PM Mode7James said

@Lenn No, not WoW, it's Guild Wars 2!

Posted: May 11th 2011 5:17PM Eamil said

@Mode7James

That.... That was just terrible.

Posted: May 11th 2011 5:22PM Lenn said

@Mode7James This is the point where you go: "I'll get my coat."

Posted: May 11th 2011 1:23PM Dunraven said

Watching this and reading about it's accessibility and non raid centric end game..I once again have to laugh at the arrogance of Mike Morhaime proclaiming that everyone who left WoW will be back...between this TOR and RIFT he is in for a rude awakening.

Posted: May 11th 2011 2:34PM (Unverified) said

@Dunraven

Although I agree that Rift, GWII and TOR are going to take big hits out of WoW I dont think Mike Morhaime proclaimed that everyone will be back. He said in the past their have been dips related to releases of other games and subscription numbers have rebounded and they expect simular behaviour.

You can tell by the flury of information they are pouring out with 4.2 that they are worried about thier subscription numbers. Anyway I don't think he's out there dismissing the competion it was purly a comment on previous behavior.

Posted: May 11th 2011 2:45PM Eamil said

@Dunraven I don't really think that Guild Wars 2 is the kind of game that's likely to "steal players" from WoW, simply because one has a subscription fee and the other doesn't which means more people are likely to just play both games.

Posted: May 11th 2011 3:03PM Seldra said

@Eamil I agree, I've played WoW since the beginning and GW too and both games are fairly worlds apart in how the two companies view in approaching the genre. If anything Bliz has more to worry with swtor and rift because it's going for the same type of MMO player that WoW has.

Posted: May 11th 2011 5:44PM Irem said

@Eamil
I think the only real way GW2 can threaten WoW's numbers is if (big IF) it provides a complete enough game experience that people start asking themselves why they're still paying for their WoW subscription when they're getting everything they need from the free game. I don't think it's likely to pull people who mainly play WoW for the endgame, though, regardless.

Posted: May 11th 2011 1:28PM Ardan said

This looks so much better than the first version of Lion's Arch.
CAN'T WAIT!

Posted: May 11th 2011 1:40PM (Unverified) said

If towns and cities actually sound like this in-game, I'll be very happy. I like all the little sounds in the video of people talking, bells ringing, birds squawking; they help make it feel alive and interesting.

Posted: May 11th 2011 1:42PM Cirocco said

Very nice indeed. The oh-so familiar music brings back memories of my adventures in Lion's Arch, many moons ago. It's also nice to hear the laughter of children in this clip. This Lion's Arch has a visceral vitality and robust life, an organic sprawl bearing the marks of progress and growth.

Posted: May 11th 2011 2:17PM faralorn said

Total goodness! The quality of art direction in this game is awesome.

Posted: May 11th 2011 2:22PM doublerainbow said

I love ArenaNet's intelligent design decision regarding everything from the game world and how we interact with it, to allowing cities to be true social hubs that also have real RPG roots to them. Encouraging exploration and re-playability is also a smart idea which is basically an insurance type fallback if the playerbase becomes bored with other aspects of the game.

I'm sick and tired of so many gold digging dev teams who want to strike it rich in the MMOG genre coming out and claiming NextGenn design. ANet is actually asking deep and involved questions about design and rethinking things to boot. I can't wait to see how massive and expansive GW 2 gets as a result.

Posted: May 11th 2011 2:45PM Aganazer said

I have figured out how to conquer this city. Release the termites!

Posted: May 11th 2011 3:30PM Mikx said

wow, love the way the canvas on the merchant stalls resemble waves crashing against the rocks. I'm also uncertain what is old construction. I figured the lion statues must predate the city's destruction, but on the second viewing I noticed they are Mer-lions with a fishy/snakelike lower body. Some of those stone towers must be remnants of the old city, and possibly the only surviving elements from the existing gw1 location.

I'm glad they actually made this seem like a densely populated place too, so many mmo towns are nothing more than wide open spaces.

Posted: May 11th 2011 4:13PM Kalec said

MUST BUY THIS GAME, CONVINCE FRIENDS TO BUY GAME, MAKE FRIEND'S FRIENDS BUY THIS GAME!!!

But I do have a question: I haven't played any mmos for almost half a year now (just burnt out I guess) and I have to play guild wars 2 ... however I have no idea when it comes out, it even might be in q4 2012 ... so should I buy GW1 or just wait for GW2 ? Ideas ?

Posted: May 11th 2011 5:20PM Lenn said

@Kalec Get Guild Wars. It'll keep you busy until GW2 arrives: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

Posted: May 11th 2011 5:20PM Eamil said

@Kalec

Guild Wars 2 won't be out until around the end of this year at the earliest, and probably not until sometime next year. Since the Guild Wars trilogy is sold as one package for $30 and the Eye of the North expansion is being sold on Newegg for around $6, it's definitely worth the money to check out GW1 if you're interested in catching up on the story. You don't really HAVE to play GW1 to understand GW2 though.