Posted: May 11th 2011 10:56PM Decados said

Champions Online shares new video of robot companion in hopes players will PURCHASE.

There...fixed that headline for you.

Posted: May 12th 2011 12:56PM Chiren said

@Decados

SOOOOO TRUUUUUEEE!!!!

$$$CRYPTIC$$$

Posted: May 11th 2011 11:23PM Utakata said

Micro-transactions: Where some pay to be more equal than others.

...just saying.

Posted: May 12th 2011 12:06AM Vagrant Zero said

@Utakata There's nothing imbalancing in the shop at all. In fact there's no (stat) gear period of any sort. The only thing you can buy from the shop are the premium archetypes which are still woefully inferior to the freeform heroes a subscriber can create.

God/Nature/Chuck Norris gave you two ears and one mouth so you'd listen twice as much as you spoke. Be a good little doll now and do try adhere to that. Especially in matters that you are willfully ignorant of.

Posted: May 12th 2011 1:00AM wondersmith said

@Vagrant Zero

The trailer makes it obvious that the robot is a powerful combat pet, and with the words "(and wallet)" the article makes it clear that it will be a cash shop or subscriber-only item. Sounds imbalancing to me! How about paying more attention yourself before accusing others of willful ignorance?

Not that I believe imbalance is so utterly horrific. I don't mind if purchasers get some extra power in exchange for funding my free play, as long as the game is still plenty of fun for us freeloaders.

Posted: May 12th 2011 2:02AM ShivanSwordsman said

@wondersmith

The fun kind of breaks down when in PvE and PvP, you're just a gimp along for the ride. I quit playing after the realization I was a 3rd class citizen to these people set in. Paying for archetypes? EXCUSE ME? For the price they want for an archetype, I could just sub, and I'm not going to give them ANY money.

I wish people would stop buying into companies like Cryptic. I thought people were smarter than this. Hellgate London died because it stagnated and treated it's players like crap. This game stagnates and treats it's players like crap, yet it continues to thrive. What the hell?

Posted: May 12th 2011 3:55AM Utakata said

@Vagrant Zero

Suuuure there isn't. /sarcasm off

...thanks for taking the time in explaining the finer points of what I am saying wondersmith and ShivanSwordsman. :)

Posted: May 12th 2011 12:16PM madbassman39 said

@wondersmith How does it unbalance the game? You can only use it in PVE and its two levels lower than you. I'm a firm believer in playing F2P games for free (I don't buy anything they sell) but this is in no way unbalancing (anymore than this game already is) the game. It gives you no advantage since you can't use it in PVP and its not as good as grouping up with a real player in PVE. Frankly the only reason I see anyone wanting it would be RPers who want to have something like this follow them around.

Also people complain about monthly subscribers buying it, but every month a subscriber gets cryptic points at no extra cost so they can use on what ever they want.

Posted: May 12th 2011 1:25PM Chiren said

@Vagrant Zero

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

Posted: May 12th 2011 4:48PM Vagrant Zero said

@wondersmith How about reading the damned description genius. The "pets" only work for 1 hour and DO NOT WORK IN PVP.

Please though, don't let my facts stop you lot from bitching like the Golden Girls.

Posted: May 12th 2011 4:51PM Vagrant Zero said

@Utakata There were no finer points. You're just a whino. Others have already pointed out the utter stupidity in whining about this.

Posted: May 12th 2011 5:24AM (Unverified) said

LOL ! Does these freeloaders sense of entitlement know no bound or what?

Posted: May 12th 2011 6:17AM Yellowdancer said

The silly(sometimes read stupid) thing is...this pet costs $2 and only lasts an hour. Then its gone forever. And monthly subscribers are buying it. I guess the 10 pet powers they give you in the game is not enough...

Posted: May 12th 2011 8:26AM gandales said

I think there is a bit of overreaction here. It is a temporal item, so it is not thought to be used at all times. It is not usable in pvp. It might help glass cannon archtypes in a few situations but beyond that it is mainly a fluffy thing that people would buy mainly for looks like the demon or werewolf devices. btw, it is not too costly to buy it with in-game resources at the AH.

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM