Posted: May 10th 2011 2:06PM (Unverified) said

Played the early start + 30 days ... pretty fun game but dropped ... may reconsider my sub; 1.2 has a bunch of stuff I wanted to see in the game

Posted: May 11th 2011 2:52AM NeverDeath said

@(Unverified)

This has been the way of the devs since the start for me. So many things I wanted to see came not just within the first months, but within the first weeks, and they seem to genuinely care about what people want to see - while keeping in mind the way these things would affect the overall picture. I'm staying with this game not only because it's so damned fun, but because I believe in its developers, who continue to impress me regularly.

Posted: May 11th 2011 6:00PM j1083 said

Awesome. Now I have to go buy a copy of Rift and give it a shot.

Major kudos for doing in one month what WoW has failed to over 6 years...

Posted: May 10th 2011 5:21PM yeppers said

• 1 heart
@j1083

"Major kudos for doing in one month what WoW has failed to over 6 years... "
Not sure what you mean by this. What have they done that WoW has failed to do? Have under 6 million subscriptions?

Posted: May 10th 2011 5:35PM Oskari said

@yeppers

Probably the Dungeon Finder.

Posted: May 10th 2011 5:44PM Jaimie said

@j1083 If you're referring to the dungeon finder, then Rift sure is lucky that all they have to do is copy/paste from WoW. Even their 7-times-a-week rather than once daily rewards is ripped straight from a recent WoW update.

Posted: May 10th 2011 5:51PM Oskari said

@Jaimie

If you want to start talking about copy/paste problems, then WoW isn't the most stellar example of innovation. We just need to accept that all games copy each other. What matters is how much fun we are having.

Posted: May 10th 2011 10:33PM Addfwyn said

@Oskari WoW has had a dungeon finder for a while...I`m honestly confused what he means. Maybe the cosmetic system? Other games do have that, but wow isn`t one of them.

Posted: May 10th 2011 11:19PM Sharuk said

@yeppers Appearance tab maybe? Regardless Trion is doing an amazing job with these patches. Kudos to them.

Posted: May 11th 2011 12:46PM Hookan91 said

@Oskari There are people who still don't know that WoW copied Everquest.

Posted: May 10th 2011 2:15PM Dartanis said

Damn, need to think of a good excuse to get out of work early... itching to try out 1.2

Posted: May 10th 2011 2:34PM Averice said

Boo at snares having DR : (

Snares are so necessary for high ping baddies like myself in PvP. Sticking on a target with even a slight movement speed increase is going to be impossible with them being immune to snares 50% of the time.

8 seconds for snare one to wear off, 4 seconds b/c of DR on next one, so 12 seconds gone, and now they have 12 seconds of freedom before another snare will apply properly.

Anyway, hopefully they realize within the next couple months that snares are kind of necessary for melee due to latency issues and shouldn't be on such heavy DR. It's mainly clerics and tanks that are going to be a problem. If you can't snare a tank you can't get behind him to try and get past his block (though you still dodge from behind...), and clerics just run right out of your range and insta heal themselves. Mages could use the snare DR, so could ranged rogues, but not clerics and tanks.

Posted: May 10th 2011 2:35PM Averice said

@Averice and by high ping I mean 130 ms... so not that high, but it feels like the distance you can hit targets is smaller than it should be.

Posted: May 10th 2011 2:52PM (Unverified) said

Of all the changes, the one I like to point out is that now you can set auctions by unit price. That'll make auctioning less painful; no need for me to use a calculator. :)

Posted: May 10th 2011 3:15PM Gloon said

@(Unverified)

Awesome!

Posted: May 10th 2011 3:44PM malyrush said

I also have free trials to give out if anyone wants to give this game a go. All my other friends and guildmates have either played on other free weekends or have already bought it, so my URL is useless to me. Go nuts!

Posted: May 10th 2011 4:49PM (Unverified) said

if anyone is interested in doing a 7 day trial and does decide to purchase the game please email me Nic4rest23@live.com thanks

Posted: May 10th 2011 4:49PM (Unverified) said

Posted: May 10th 2011 4:58PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Since Trion has decided to add in a gearscore with the LFD tool and is basically forcing everyone who uses it into their narrow version of what each "class" should be, I'm done with this game.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014