Posted: May 10th 2011 12:21PM Unshra said

Nice work always good to see a community working together, think I will log in and lend a hand with the data collection.

Posted: May 10th 2011 2:05PM (Unverified) said

Funny, I did this for the F2P beta last summer. Granted the store has changed a lot since but it wasn't that hard to do.

Posted: May 10th 2011 2:38PM pcgneurotic said

I must say, it seems amazing that there are so many items it would need a whole team to do over time. But hey, great work anyway guys, keep it up! :)

Posted: May 10th 2011 3:42PM JoeH42 said

It's always irritated me that with LoTRO and DDO if you are subscribed you can't even look at items in the store that a F2P account might need to buy. So if I want to know how many TPs it costs to unlock the gold cap on an account, I can't really find it on my own account but have to ask in the regional channel or something. I really wish they'd let you turn that feature off or something, maybe have an option to uncheck "Only show me items I can buy" or something of that nature.

Posted: May 10th 2011 4:02PM ScottishViking said

@JoeH42

"maybe have an option to uncheck "Only show me items I can buy" or something of that nature."

That's a reasonable request. Whenever I'm in the store, I dislike navigating through all the clutter that does not -- cannot -- apply to me.

Posted: May 10th 2011 5:38PM Lenn said

@JoeH42 You could create a f2p account.

Posted: May 10th 2011 5:32PM wondersmith said

Having everything laid out like this makes for some fun and educational study of the delicate balance between generosity and greed in F2P games. If you're too generous, everyone will love you and flock to you, but you'll have too many freeloaders to make a profit. If you're too greedy, the community will turn against you and go away. Turbine is a master of this balancing act (though even masters aren't perfect). Their cash shop should be examined closely by all who hope to match or surpass their success.

Posted: May 11th 2011 2:48AM Graill440 said

If its free to play why is there a store?

Woe be the person that responds to my post. (laugh)

Posted: May 11th 2011 8:26AM Budukahn said

I think the reason Turbine has, thus far ignored such a request is the knowledge that a lot of people will, quite rightly, be put off the game. There's an awful lot of stuff in the store that provides questionable value for money and as a life, I have to say my 500 points a month doesn't go very far at all and that does not encourage me to sink any more money into the game.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014