Posted: May 10th 2011 9:22PM Saker said

Couldn't bring myself to sit through the recording, though I am curious when they're going to get these features out (and details about the features). I haven't been able to bring myself to play the thing in like 2 months (or more), it was just too boring last played... Though I still have some hopes as the scenario of the game is at least something different, and this genre is in such desperate need of something different!

Posted: May 10th 2011 10:40PM madeleen said

I've been playing the beta on and and off for the past few weeks. It is a nice game and the fact that it isn't yet another faux medieval fantasy is a plus.

Posted: May 11th 2011 12:51AM Titan1 said

@madeleen
Well it has a nice Roman skin but it is the same as everything else launched over the last 6 years.
Run your quest down your pre-chewed path to gain levels.
It is yet another re-skinned WoW.

Posted: May 11th 2011 5:42AM madeleen said

@Titan1

I agree but that is the problem of the modern mmorpg. It doesn't have a 3 act structure with a story that ends. That is the framework that our brains want. WoW hit upon the best setup for the time. There isn't too many places for an mmorpg to go now.

2 years into WoW I discovered that the genre had limitations that probably won't or can't be solved. And I decided to take what I could get or leave games completely.

Posted: May 11th 2011 12:13AM Valentina said

The main thing that bugged me when I last played the beta was the running/movement animations. They were HORRENDOUS, and the character models looked outdated...Has this changed at all?

Posted: May 11th 2011 1:10AM Saker said

@Valentina
Agree, they were bad, no idea if they've gotten any better...

Posted: May 11th 2011 7:05AM Cavadus said

I thought the combat was really dull and the second I marched up that hill to kill the pirates for the first quest and just saw a field of them I lol'd, killed two dudes, and logged off. That was... two or three months ago I guess.

Posted: May 11th 2011 7:38AM Nandini said

I find it apalling that they expect players to preorder this for $50 when they haven't even announced the ongoing subscription cost yet.

There's about a week's worth of playable content in the game. (Maybe 2 weeks if you go slow.)

Posted: May 11th 2011 12:14PM nibbon said

I've been beta testing this off and on for a couple months now. I have a lvl 15 priest and 10 gladiator. I'd spend an hour or so on at times, but now at 13-15 it takes me about 4 hours for a level and it is usually super boring. The quests SUCK. You have to run through 5 zones with broken travel systems to complete something that gives you about 200 XP. I decided that grinding was just faster for most levels and I would still pick up a quest here and there.

It seems like no more than 20 people were ever on the server at once. The combat animations left something to be desired and the zones are incredibly dark at night with no way to turn up the gamma in-game. Then there were all the crashes - most have been fixed since i started the beta, but i still crash once in a while.

The itemization at the low levels isn't great. The quest rewards are bad. The minions are too weak so far. In fact, my minions got bugged and didnt spawn for some reason so i just conitnued on without them and saw a very marginal difference - and that was with two dps minions.

The Rome aspect was my major draw, and there are occassions where I say, "yeah this is kinda cool" but it really does feel like any other MMO. I could really draw some quick and easy comparisons to an early build of EQ about the entire feel of this game - but EQ had less traveling on completing most non-epic quests. I do find it lacking a lot of the wonder that WoW and EQ instilled in me.

I do hope that this patch changes my general experience toward the game into something more positive and clean. The game can be pretty at points when i crank the graphics, but a lot of things feel incomplete. I will probably continue to beta test until the game launches, but I have seen no reason to purchase the game as of yet.

The only thing that can save this game is the end game raiding - if I get a chance to fight some mythological creatures/kings/gods/titans, that might be pretty cool and worth sticking around for. That being said, I haven't seen much of anything in terms of information for end-game.

Posted: May 11th 2011 12:49PM Nandini said

@nibbon That's because there is no "end-game" at all. When you get to level 30, everything just stops. There's no content to keep you logging into the game after that, other than repeating the exact same process on an alt if you feel like it.

Posted: May 11th 2011 1:00PM nibbon said

@Nandini
I assume you mean currently - which I know is true. My hope is for the future. But I said information - they haven't really said anything about plans for implementation.

Posted: May 12th 2011 1:44AM Valentina said

Sounds like this game really needs to stay in development for a while.