Posted: May 12th 2011 4:57AM jslim419 said

@Puremallace

1. youtube support..no need for paid fraps anymore.

and this adds to gameplay how?

2. single server LFD..took WoW 6 years and Aion roughly a year

so someone can take credit for something that they did not do first is what you are saying correct?

3. Appearance slots...lotr has this and that is basically it

again.. taking credit for another game's features.

4. Dye your pvp and pve armor

and again.....

5. Full social media integration of things even I never heard of tumbler?

Blizzard tried to do this, and a majority of players didn't want it. if anything it shows me how mindless Trion fanboys and girls really are.

6. 10 man raids that are not just recycled of 20 man raids

i'm not sure what you are trying to get at here. are you complaining about the flexibility of doing either the 10-man or 25-man versions of a raid in wow based on what your guild has to work with? or is this a "whaa people that do not group with the same number of people i group with get gear i don't want them to get!!" bitch?

7. 2 20man raids within 2 months of release with another in a month or

cataclysm shipped with three 10/25 man raids at release, and have not had to hurry up to release more because unlike rift's raids WoW's are actually challenging enough that a majority of players haven't completed them yet.

Posted: May 12th 2011 12:56PM remover said

star wars is fantasy, not sci fi, but unimportant semantics..

everyone likes what they like, and you're certainly welcome to be passionate about anything you like. I would not agree with your assessment, however. My original comments have little to do with this sort of thing, and more about the power of a couple really strong "brands" for lack of better terminology.

Posted: May 12th 2011 12:59PM remover said

@remover apologies, incorrectly responding to another post here, not sure how it behaved as a response to your comment.

Posted: May 12th 2011 7:45PM watchawatch said

• Half a heart
@jslim419
Everything you speak is non-sense.
You comparing rifts content updates that are included with the subscription cost to a paid expansion content update?

Rift is on WoW's heals and they know it. It's the first time Blizzard has ever had to look over their shoulder. Pure is indeed right on the money with this one. Blizz/Act better not take Trion lightly. I don't think they are. I think they are very much paying attention.

Posted: May 13th 2011 6:46AM CassSmith said

Speaking for myself and my other half, we were in WoW from Molten Core (Vanilla) release and will not be returning due to the Cataclysm nerfs. We, like others, are in RIFT and having a ball, we started playing via a trial, those things apparently RIFT dont do *scratches head* and loved it so much we both bought collectors edition when we had the spare cash and we plan to be there until we run out of content, we're not pushing it, have been there about 3 weeks and are bordering on our 30s

Posted: May 13th 2011 7:51AM Acidbaron said

Won't be returning and know plenty of others who won't either, You had a goose that laid golden eggs but didn't reinvest enough and gradually released less content.

In addition, Blizzard took no risk with content, didn't try anything new and release the same formula in each content pack.
So much that it comes across the game is being held on a lifeline, it feels the company has become so scared to lose any customer they don't even dare to sidestep and create something that isn't easly accesable or has been proven to work.

Accesability was the keyword for Blizzard, what resulted into gradually less challenging content, what on its turn if you ask any mmo veteran means the average "knowhow" of your fellow player is low. Cause the only first challenges they face are in raids, where by that time you expect people to know what to do.

No, cataclysm 5 man heroics weren't hard, a group of us cleared them first week of release in blue items. It required people to think a bit more instead of round them up and AoE.

But to go back to my point, Blizzard content packs seem more to me like "time killing activities", Nothing new. It's a raid, a few daily quests and a 5 man dungeon linked to it. This is their formula and nothing changes and if they spend more time on one of those elements then the other suffers ToTC area with a lot of daily quests but well a lesser raid.

And firelands is looking to be another ToTC, we'll be getting 7 bosses and some daily quests linked to that. 7 bosses and those will have to last you equally long if not longer then those 12 + 13 heroic bosses have lasted you now.

My question to you is are you really looking forward to that?

I am not and i have chosen to not make my voice be heard by going to the competition and Trion is a game you can play without of fear of bugs pestering you and hindering your gameplay, pretty much the main reason why mmo veterans moved to WoW in the first place in my honest opinion, plus they have a goal to release content monthly and are still young and dare to experiment.

Posted: May 13th 2011 12:28PM dinhosaur said

Blizzard is having a wonderful year... posting record profits... holding a healthy wow subscriber base despite investing much less in it than they have at earlier points in wow's life.

SC2 was a big hit in the west even though it flopped in korea.

They have some promising projects in the works.

Posted: May 13th 2011 3:13PM (Unverified) said

LOL...he basically said: "f@ck you Rift!"

Posted: May 13th 2011 3:44PM (Unverified) said

For me personally, Wow is like an old friend that moved away; I may come visit from to time to enjoy good memories and to see what's up, but I'm not going to spend any more of my hard-core time with it.

Posted: May 14th 2011 1:16PM (Unverified) said

Was this response even specifically about Rift? Maybe the question was, but the reply simply referred to strong competitors ... in the context that I see I don't think this is a huge anti-Rift comment - but it certainly did stir a lot of people up.

Posted: May 14th 2011 4:40PM genetix said

I could quote a dozen users here but I just want to say a few things. First I'm tired of hearing 'this game does't offer anything new'. So invasions is not new? The rifts may be a little similar to WARs publc quests but I think Rift's were better executed.

Also, don't say this doesn't offer anything new w/o having any ideas yourself. MMOs will undoubtedly have several features that are fundamental to an MMO and others that have become a standard.

For people saying they reached cap level and got bored to death, is that not what happens in every game? I mean it happens to me in WoW every time I reach cap. End game tends to be boring, specially if you dont have RL friends or good online friends to play with (and probably will still be a lil boring).

Lastly, I am playing Rift but still have my WoW sub active. Once I reach cap in Rift, if I get 'bored to death' then I will likely return to WoW... to ALSO be 'bored to death' So it's your choice: feed the wealthy, or share the wealth.

Posted: May 15th 2011 12:58PM kahnbloodbane said

dunno wow keeps on getting simplified and simplified and after the change that unallows twinks in bgs I cannot train future pvpers anymore.. wow is still cute and all but it's slowly losing it's fun expecially it's complexity fun, we can't do varied specs anymore the options gets more and more limited, people cannot tinker around their spec to min max stuff and test the system.. honestly.. it's not fun like that less freedom more theme park ok will get old soon I doubt I'm gonna renew my sub in WoW probably I'm gonna try rifts along my clan.

Posted: May 15th 2011 2:32PM grimsane said

never played rift and have no intentions about doing so im a retired wow player after playing 8 years and when i quit i sold my account for 500 bux online the best thing i found bout wow is if u make good toons they sell good but i still donno y i wasted so much time on that but i found the right genera mmo fps i started out on crimecraft where alot of the things are based on wow but its all guns and apb is nice and ava prison break modes but the best games ever are realtime world zombie survival theres so much better out there than wow and its lame junk diablo2 was way better iono bout d3 it looks decent but they left out so much that made diablo good mmorpg is dead the new thing is mmofps mmotps in real time worlds

Posted: May 15th 2011 2:52PM (Unverified) said

Man blizzard is so far up their own asses with sub numbers and profit its insane. So much so its leaving a bad taste in their player base's mouth, don't get me wrong i myself play wow but the attitude that is coming across from blizzard lately is making me want to spend my money else where.

Posted: May 15th 2011 4:14PM (Unverified) said

I really enjoyed my five years in Azeroth. WoW will always have a "special place in my heart", but I am done and over with it. Everything grows old.

I am sure a lot of people will come back to WoW though. The game is just the most polished one out there at the moment.

My fingers are crossed for SW: ToR. That might be the game that decides if I am done with MMO`s or not.

Posted: May 16th 2011 3:20PM doublerainbow said

This in my mind just makes Blizzard sound way too confident in themselves.

I mean it makes them seem stuck up, so perhaps being proved wrong for once when the subs really are declining will help them to see this. That is if they really are on the decline,

Posted: May 17th 2011 1:31PM (Unverified) said

@DarkWalker from playing in the beta, the specs really arent that different maybe until you get down to the bottom of them. they are all the same abilities, just with slightly different flavors.

Posted: May 17th 2011 1:46PM (Unverified) said

I don't think he was being arrogant at all. He's just stating a fact, a very vague one at that. Saying "Rift subscribers will come back to WoW" is just a true statement. He didn't say how many. A truly arrogant statement would be "ALL the subscribers Rift took from us will come back to WoW! Every single one! Mwaha....Mwhahahahahah!"

Posted: May 17th 2011 4:31PM (Unverified) said

it's really so funny... I mean people leave WoW to play with an exact copy of WoW.

Posted: May 17th 2011 5:20PM SaintV said

Cataclysm was a cataclysmic failure. Sure it sold but after the majority of players finished it they left to do other things. Why would they come back to stuff they have already done before ? I would believe Morhaime if Cataclsym was actually good but it's not.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014