Posted: May 9th 2011 3:25PM Seldra said

I have no problem with lack of gameplay reveals actually, if anything my guess is this game won't even be out till 2012 anyway along with another big name title of swtor.

Posted: May 9th 2011 3:44PM Baromega said

@Seldra Mass Effect 3, a Bioware juggernaut, was pushed to 2012 because it shared the same release window as SWTOR. I think Bioware is extremely determined to get SWTOR out this year, or the ME3 push back would have been in vain.

Posted: May 9th 2011 5:45PM Mr McChew said

@Baromega

This Joystiq article I linked suggests the CFO of EA is predicting SWTOR to release between January and March.

Anyways, nice interviews and it's always good for the devoted fan sites to get some love.

Posted: May 9th 2011 4:12PM Alpoe said

In Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood, I just treat it as a PvE map with some foes that happen to run around a bit more. Then again, my anti-attack/degen Mesmer is multi-purpose, so there isn't a class that scares me, and I just jolly do what I want.

Posted: May 9th 2011 4:24PM (Unverified) said

@Seldra I agree with you. I believe GW2's window of release will be April 2012, approximately the anniversary of the original Guild Wars.

Posted: May 9th 2011 5:25PM socialenemy2007 said

To be honest, I don't care anymore how long it takes, take as long as you need to polish it up.

inb4 obligatory "that's what she said."

Posted: May 9th 2011 9:31PM Averice said

I bet they try try to push it before SW:TOR though. Get it out 2 months before that and they'd do much better than if they released at the same time or shortly after.

Posted: May 9th 2011 10:12PM ArcherAvatar said

This week's Flameseeker Chronicles was especially well done (tip 'o the hat to Rubi.)

MMO development cycles are growing longer and longer out of necessity, and the paradigm for when and how the PR for these projects is started is changing as a result. It's a difficult adjustment for the gaming community to make, but we all have to get used to a longer buildup phase for the games we're looking forward to the most.

Prominent news site journalists deftly touching on this issue and easing awareness of the change into the mindset of the overall community is helpful to everyone involved.

I also enjoyed the focus on the fansites, who help the more rabid followers of games to get through the long wait till the launch of the game they are waiting for. I know without my daily circle of blogs / fansites I'd be even worse off than I already am while waiting for GW2.

Regarding the PVP;
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is probably not for you... fortunately, PVP in video games is not quite so permanent, (although it's just as messy...) and as a bonus, you can actually get your best learning experiences from your own failures in those arenas. Persevere Rubi and success worthy of a little 'trash talking' may yet still be within grasp...

Posted: May 11th 2011 9:48AM dinhosaur said

GW2 is definitely coming out in 2012.

Sad to say but any of the fans who expect, not hope, the game will release in 2011 just haven't been around the mmorpg industry for a very long time.