Posted: May 9th 2011 1:31PM Suplyndmnd said

They're just going to hit that open beta with eyes closed huh? I quit this beta relaunch some time back due to all the hacks and cheats so hopefully they have taken care of them but it'll be about 15 minutes before more hacks and cheats are made most likely.

Has anything changed in the past month or 2? I always have a sense of doom when a game releases it's "open beta" date with tons of bugs and problems still present like "okay, open beta isn't just a date 6 months from closed beta, you have to work your way to that". Game makers now don't work bugs out to these beta changes they just say "okay on this date we're changing phases, bugs or not". That' snot how you make a game.

Posted: May 9th 2011 2:26PM Sorithal said

@Suplyndmnd

I played it for awhile over the past day or so. Honestly, it'd be better to just play something like Saints Row 2 or GTA IV.

Maybe it's just me but I feel the controls and environment of the game (as in there's a disappointing lack of things that you can actually run your car through (ex: most fences)) are just awful, and really it feels like they're trying to do something that GTA/Saints Row have already perfected.

That and they have cash shop weapons, so the game just dumbs down to who'll waste the most money on the best stuff, like most "free to play" shooter games.

Posted: May 9th 2011 3:40PM Itoao said

@Suplyndmnd
I would try to read the dev blogs a bit more. They have said numerous times that they have not been banning cheaters on purpose. They are looking for what is being done so they can better combat it.
That being said, they do still have issues but are patching all the time. It gets a bit more polished with every patch. Still things to work on surely but its not all doom and gloom. I have been having fun. Also got my old character back from RTW.

Posted: May 11th 2011 10:24AM kkim1975 said

@Suplyndmnd

I was just wondering if you bothered to go back to the game just to see if things gotten any better. Or did you quit for good?

Posted: May 9th 2011 2:29PM ultimateq said

I've played on the beta a bit, and somehow Gamer's First made the guns even less balanced than RTW did.

I also think RTW did a better job with the cars. Big heavy cars that slide around a lot may be more realistic, but when you have a latency in it's steering response, it literally becomes undriveable.

Posted: May 9th 2011 4:28PM Thasri said

I played in the original beta and I'm now in the reload beta, as far as I can see there is really not much difference between the two versions. There are no new game modes, no new parts of San Paro to explore, theres just nothing new. I was hoping for GTA MMO with some story and more thought out missions. You just don't get that with APB Reloaded, which is why it failed the first time. The missions can be one sided most of the time, one team can just camp a drop point and win, that is boring. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun to play in short increments but not really for long term play options.

Posted: May 9th 2011 4:29PM Thasri said

@Thasri
O and the other thing that is pissing me is the latency issue. Nothing like rubber banding over the same few feet over and over again for 3 minutes.

Posted: May 9th 2011 5:16PM wookiehole said

been playing beta and am not impressed. guns unbalanced, you spen in game cash for a weapon that is only avail to use for 10 days.

the driving is a joke, looks as though it only supports keyboard to steer, and that latency between kbd press and car steering left/right is really bad, causing people to fishtail all over the place. tried to set up 360 controller, but not able to map the analog sticks to left and right when driving.

another thing i hate is the cheaters. was fighting 2vs2 scenario, and one of the other groups friends kept hitting me with their car. since they werent in the scenario, i couldnt shoot them and they couldnt hurt me, but since they could push me around with their car, i wasnt able to shoot their friends who were actually killable. that needs to be fixed badly. total exploit.

Posted: May 9th 2011 10:21PM AlienMan said

Wow aren't you guys a series of downers and angry trolls? I am really enjoying the game since its incredibly awesome when it works out as designed. On the tek side the last three builds fixed most of my issues so now I am just curious to see what they are doing for the OB launch. But the game clearly still has more things for them to fix so hoping they solve them soon.

Posted: May 12th 2011 1:52AM Suplyndmnd said

I have not bothered to go back. Like Itoao said they are not banning cheaters on purpose to learning how better to combat it but at the same time they're losing beta testers (myself being one) because it's silly to even play if i'm just going to be killed by kids who want to cheat.

My other concern was also the lag but i heard they are opening up east coast servers (or already have) so I may check that part out again and see if driving doesn't feel like steering in mud anymore. There were many more issues then just the cheating and the lag though as far as gameplay like popups that i can read in 2 seconds but stay up there for a while. It's like "okay, put a next button please".

Posted: May 16th 2011 2:45PM 2DGlitch said

All I've read in the comments is "I'm a tryhard on a F2P game and i rage when i get killed"

Come on people, It's still in closed beta, nowhere near perfect. I'm enjoying the game like no other, and to be honest, I have encountered a cheater here and there, but whats the big deal? The games under development and it WILL get better.