Posted: May 9th 2011 7:21PM (Unverified) said

Would love a tester input if your allowed to, (NDA) my question is: is this a giant world where a bunch of players I put into, then make cities, bumping into their neighbors?

Posted: May 9th 2011 9:00PM Keen and Graev said

@(Unverified) No.

Posted: May 9th 2011 7:21PM Wiebelhausgmailcom said

I'm playing the beta (this post after nda lifted) and it's a hell of allot of fun , once you get a half a dozen levels or so , it's no longer easy "quests" think scenarios. I can see a tonne of people playing this full time if the cash shop isn't a rip off.

Posted: May 9th 2011 8:38PM ilduce620 said

Couldn't I just get a HDified update of Age of Empires II, please? thanksmuch

No, seriously, I want a downloadable version of AoE II. I LOVE that game. I'd rather not have to use a hacked .exe file to avoid putting the damn disc in the computer just to play it. A Steam version would be preferred, but I don't see Microsoft releasing one of their classics on a competing download service.

That said, I'll still check this out. But I really want AoE II.

Posted: May 10th 2011 7:27AM Scarecroww said

@ilduce620

The actual RTS gameplay in AoEO is the closest thing to AoE2 I've played since AoE2 itself (I never played Age of Mythology though). It's kind of like the gameplay from AoE2 mixed with the capital city you level up from AoE3 with some MMO elements thrown in.

My only complaint with the game so far is that it seems like (as far as I've seen) you can't coop vs the AI with more than one friend, and you can't team up with friends and be matchmade against another team in PvP either. But other than that it's a great game.

Posted: May 10th 2011 8:53AM ilduce620 said

@Scarecroww Good to know. I never played AoM, either, but I did play all three AoE games and expansions. Personally, I never got into AoE III like I did AoE II. III was alright, but I kinda thought something was lost when they added capitol cities. AoE III seemed a bit more "tactic" focused, while AoE II allowed you to just make a ridiculous number of dudes and throw them at the enemy (a la "Starcraft").

Coop vs AI is essential to me, though. I don't play RTS games against other people, usually. I love me some comp stop action. Maybe they just don't have that feature in the beta?

Glad to know the game is looking good, though! I'll definitely check it out!

Posted: May 10th 2011 9:35AM EndDream said

I'm in beta and its a lot of fun.. but I haven't gotten very far.

But there is no team pvp? wtf?

Posted: May 10th 2011 10:30AM EndDream said

@EndDream This video appears to show 2v2 pvp so I guess we are ok

Posted: May 10th 2011 11:40AM Scarecroww said

@EndDream

From my experience in beta, you can party up 4+ people, then split into two teams and fight eachother. But from what I've seen there's no way to team up with a friend and be matchmade against randoms.

Posted: May 10th 2011 4:22PM Kitanishi said

@EndDream

Level 10 unlocks skirmishes and pvp mode :)

Posted: May 11th 2011 8:25AM Scarecroww said

@Kitanishi

The skirmishes against randoms are "single player only", hence you cannot queue up with a buddy in that. Sure there is 1v1 and 2v2, but you can still only join the 2v2 alone and get a random teammate, you can't bring your friend in there.

The pre-made PvP "arenas" as they are called, requires both teams to already be in a party to battle eachother, meaning you still can't just grab a friend and be matchmade against another team by the system. You have to first find your opponents in general chat (for example), then invite them to your party, then "duel" them in the arena.

Also from what I've seen, there is no skrimishes against the AI, just missions or "quests".