Posted: May 8th 2011 2:01PM Draq said

Some games force you to collect junk, and most of that junk is completely worthless game wise

Posted: May 8th 2011 2:30PM considebalt said

I never really collected anything that doesn't benefit me in some way.Playing WoW I only collected what I needed for crafting, or something I'd sell on the market. In City of Heroes I only collected badges and accolades that gave me stat buffs (before one of the bigger updates that added more benefit to badge collecting).
It's always been utility over aesthetics, but recently I have found myself collecting Artifacts in RIFT, not for the eventual prizes you can accumulate, but for the sake of completion-ism. I couldn't tell you why, but it's become a compulsion. Whenever I see that brilliant white glow on the ground, regardless of what I'm doing or where I'm headed I have to stop and pick it up.

Posted: May 8th 2011 4:02PM (Unverified) said

Recipes...

Posted: May 9th 2011 12:25AM Averice said

I liked the idea in WoW, but the fact it's not account wide drove me to not care about any at all. It got to the point where my goal was to get as few achievements as possible while leveling up a new toon. So I would do nothing special on purpose.

Rift on the other hand, their achievement system has me hooked bad T_T It's still single player only, which I don't like at all, but something about their artifact system just makes me want to collect them all. I don't plan on getting All the achievements though, I could care less about the raid achievements, I just plan on doing zone wide and pvp cheevos.

Posted: May 9th 2011 3:46AM wfseg said

I collect mission junk from EVE. space cows, quafe, speederbikes

Posted: May 9th 2011 3:54AM Lorell said

I love to collect armors sets and costumes / outfits. Not only high lvl armours, but I also collect lower ones if I like theirs appearance.

I remember I had whole bank/warehouse filled with costumes / armours in WoW / War / Aion and sometimes I didn't know where to put my normal items ;D Often I had to lvl a "mule char" just to keep my collection, on other hand I just love to collect them and wear on special occasions like guild meetings / events in-game / roleplaying ect. not for "every-day gaming" xP

Posted: May 9th 2011 10:49AM Xilmar said

Exotic dancers

and planetary vehicles

Posted: May 10th 2011 1:43PM pixledriven said

In Asheron's Call, I collected no-drop items.
My favorite was probably my Hollow Sword. =)