Posted: May 8th 2011 8:05AM JadeCurtiss said

• Half a heart
hehe I don´t collect anything in mmo´s cuz I never play any mmo more than a weak before it bores me to death with all damn grinding Zzzz

Posted: May 8th 2011 9:07AM Dril said

@JadeCurtiss

sounds liek mmos r not fur u lol since tehy all containe grinding tbh lol

See what I did there? I hope you understood.

Posted: May 8th 2011 5:33PM JadeCurtiss said

• 1 heart
@Dril yeah seams like it not my problem im not the idiot designing games anyway.

Posted: May 8th 2011 8:12AM Bramen said

In fantasy games I collect pets. In Eve online I collect ships.

Posted: May 8th 2011 8:16AM (Unverified) said

I have to tell tales on my housemate, your very own Brendan Drain! :D He collects items with silly names in World of Warcraft. He has a Wobbly Staff and such things.

Posted: May 8th 2011 8:35AM Danteeeee said

I collect everything.. and then I sell it because I prefer monies :D

Posted: May 8th 2011 8:37AM Xii said

In EQ2 I love(d) collecting titles and getting the armor sets/cloaks from achievements, even if they take for ever to do.

Posted: May 8th 2011 9:05AM warpax said

i collect welfare epics

Posted: May 8th 2011 9:35AM Kaoy said

When ever I am playing a F2P game that offers in game ways to earn a limited number of certain cash shop consumables, I feel compelled to hold on to them, because I am sure they will be useful 'later'. And I will never use the last one.

Posted: May 8th 2011 10:50AM DarkWalker said

@Kaoy
I often never use the first one :)
I'm used to beating games with limited use special attacks without using them even once.

Posted: May 8th 2011 10:15AM Anticrawl said

I collect STDs.

Posted: May 8th 2011 10:40AM Araxes said

I used to collect robes. When EQ2 was first released it had incredibly plain robes, so finding one that was a shade of red, black, blue, or moderately fancy was like finding the holy grail. I used to collect them and post pictures of them on the forum. For awhile, another user, Rijacki, was keeping a virtual closet of robes and armor in EQ2. I had boxes of robes stuffed away in my bank, in my house vault, and even toted a bunch around just in case I felt the urge to change while out adventuring. Of course, there were no appearance slots back then, either, so finding a good looking robe that also had viable stats was a double-bonus.

Posted: May 8th 2011 10:58AM DarkWalker said

In short, anything that don't require inventory space.

In WoW, never had more than one ground and one flying mount until they were taken off our bags. The same for pets. The same week they didn't require inventory space anymore, I got each and every easy one, and a few of the harder ones.

In DCUO, I don't ever go after unique trinkets. But I go after Investigations, Briefs, Collections, and Styles with a revenge.

And so on. I don't go after anything that is a hassle to keep (including the hassle of taking part of our limited bank or inventory space), but I can't pass on anything that is hassle- and maintenance-free (unless it takes PvP to get; not into competitive PvP).

Posted: May 8th 2011 11:21AM Syesta said

Any game with housing, I collect furniture.
Ye gods, my rooms in EQ2 and FFXI are pure hoarders paradises.

Posted: May 8th 2011 1:45PM Saker said

@Syesta
I try and just collect, and then decorate, with the really nice stuff. I used to have a really nice apartment in Neriak, nice fully done up kitchen, dining area (table and side-board all set up with food/drink), nice living room, bedroom, study.

Posted: May 8th 2011 11:31AM TheElvenAssassin said

I collect pets...and odd trash drops, like eyeballs of different npcs and books.

Posted: May 8th 2011 12:08PM Borick said

I collect consumables. If my class can't levitate or water walk, I collect those items until I have a stack or two available at all times. I don't feel motivated by collection lists, but I'll invest a lot of effort in maximizing the range of my characters abilities. Abilities that nobody would expect my character to have make my character feel unique in a way that comparing scavenger hunt lists does not.

I don't collect vanity crap. I do not understand the point of "scavenger hunt" achievement lists and my personality type is such that I gain greater satisfaction from outright rejection of the status quo.

Posted: May 8th 2011 12:08PM Irem said

If I can collect it, I probably will. D:

Posted: May 8th 2011 12:51PM KrazyCalvin said

I gave up WOW back in january but I was a gold collector first and into pets and titles next. I gold cappped multiple characters before they expanded it. My main had Insane in the membrane back before they made it easier by removing shendrelar. I had more than 120 non combat pets. I also had a pretty good collection of toys from the trading card game. People looked up to me as leader on the server... but it was just wow. I am glad I gave it up.

Posted: May 8th 2011 1:39PM Plastic said

I collect mounts in LOTRO.

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014