Posted: May 7th 2011 9:54PM (Unverified) said

In regards to RoI and microtransactions, I hope that they'll be able to model their business plan around cosmetic cash shop items (like LoL). It'd be a slap in the face to have an item *LOCKED* in game, and having to pay real money for the ability to buy it.

Posted: May 7th 2011 10:05PM cowboyhugbees said

Long necked giraffes

Posted: May 8th 2011 12:09AM socialenemy2007 said

Anybody here play darkspore? I'm curious for a review. Mostly interested in the pvp aspects.

Posted: May 8th 2011 4:02AM BGExorcist said

Rumble is, as most of the new champs, very op on release. Damn marketing.

Posted: May 9th 2011 12:50PM Chriskovo said

@BGExorcist

He is not op you just need to learn how to counter him. Pantheon does it well and any ranged dps does as well. People always say that with every every new champion releaease cause they dont want to change their habits to counter the new hero. They didnt even nerf him with the latest patch so obvisoly Riot aggrees with me.

Posted: May 8th 2011 4:15AM BGExorcist said

RoI looks terible, and sounds like pay to own. I dont think there are more ways to copy DoTA out there, and yet...

Posted: May 8th 2011 5:30PM cliktea said

Everytime I see "MOBA" I cringe. Such a goofy term that doesn't really specify these game types.

Posted: May 9th 2011 9:05AM Tom in VA said

I am still waiting for Massively to cast its baleful eye in the direction of Cryptic's CORPG Neverwinter. ;-)

Considering that Neverwinter is (supposedly) due for release by the end of this year, it's puzzling that there has been so little information released about it. As far as I am concerned, Neverwinter is as worthy of Massively coverage as such "marginally massive" games as DDO, STO, or GW. From what I have been able to glean of Neverwinter, it is structured almost identically to Guild Wars and DDO in particular (persistent multiplayer hubs, instanced everything else).

I wonder whether the soon-to-be-released D&D Daggerdale game also falls into this game category.