Posted: May 7th 2011 2:03PM dudes said

DCUO could seriously be finished off by this. No trolling or flaming, it is a strong possibility.

Posted: May 7th 2011 2:22PM Dunraven said

@dudes Unlikely, but if it does happen I highly encourage all the SOE games subscribers to stop by their favorite Anti-SOE fansite and let them know what a bunch of swell guys they think they are...maybe even give them a lesson in Karma.

Posted: May 7th 2011 4:17PM warpax said

@Dunraven if the games does tank its BECAUSE SOE Subscribers didn't like the game not because of some nefarious anti soe group.

Posted: May 7th 2011 8:02PM Furdinand said

@dudes The progress of this game does feel like a two steps forward, one step back situation. Unfortunately, it feels as if the vast majority of the step backs are related to the PS3: The console focused UI, the lack of add ons, the old chat bugs, the delays in updates due to the PS3 approval process, and now the security breach.

The people that directly created DCUO make a game with really great DNA, a really solid foundation to build on. They just can't seem to get out of their own way and be successful. DCUO is the "The Brian Jonestown Massacre" of MMOs.

Posted: May 7th 2011 6:05PM darrenkitlor said

I'm worried about DCUO.

I hated the control scheme but...
it was a fast-paced game and I enjoyed most of my time with it.

The whole SOE shutdown and account information has me very leery about resubbing to any of my favorite SOE games.

Posted: May 7th 2011 9:32PM mac1776 said

The action game play was a nice change of pace in a mmo. Problem I have is the end game is just not fun. It's just a gear grind. Doing the same stuff over and over again just not fun.

Posted: May 7th 2011 10:42PM (Unverified) said

@mac1776
Plus, the fact that the character customization was very limited. I liked the game for a short while. I may even go back and play some more one day. I wish Sony the best. They are going through a very tough time right now. A lot of folks jobs are at stake.

Posted: May 8th 2011 11:18AM Yukon Sam said

SOE (and DCUO especially) has been careless with its most engaged and invested partners; the players. They could use a cold bucket of reality in the face. They also need to seize this opportunity to do some radical rethinking about how they engage with players. IF they do that, they'll come out a stronger company. But if it hardens their resolve to treat players as the enemy (or merely a commodity), then yes, their fate is grim.

WRUP: You'll shoot your eye out, kid

Posted on Dec 27th 2014 10:00AM