Posted: May 6th 2011 8:21AM Arkanaloth said

I'm a Guildwars player... Downtime?? What is this "downtime" you speak of?

::puzzled look::

Posted: May 6th 2011 9:31AM Rubi said

@Arkanaloth Amen to that! I love it -- one of my favorite things about GW.

Posted: May 6th 2011 8:57AM warpax said

i use the time to bathe and build up my tolerance to sunlight.

Posted: May 6th 2011 9:24AM Carolina said

I play more then one game, so I either go to another one or make "plans" for the one on down time, such as choosing my deity in EQ2.

Posted: May 6th 2011 10:42AM (Unverified) said

Guild Wars player. I don't have any queue times for Alliance Battles because I play only during "Double faction from AB" weekends. Can't find enough players? Fill the team with the heroes. No long flight journeys. No weekly.monthly maintenance downtime either.

If we have to wait for someone to come back in say FoW, I watch recorded TV.

Posted: May 6th 2011 10:43AM Space Cobra said

It depends. On certain times of year, product releases, and even length of downtime.

It can be anything, from chatting in-game, having a radio station on (or music DVD/MP3 playing), watching TV, playing another game (either a browser, client, console, or handheld. I could be browsing on the net for other things, like specific info in-game, info of another game, or news reading. Could be grabbing a snack or a soda. I could call up someone.

Well, you can see, at least for me, I am pretty flexible. Sometimes I plan on it and other times, it impromptu.

Posted: May 6th 2011 11:04AM DeadlyAccurate said

I have my non-gaming laptop beside my monitor, so I often surf. Sometimes while playing EVE I would play a casual game from Big Fish Games on the laptop while I auto-piloted through highsec. I also often have my iPad beside me, so I might be reading a book.

Posted: May 6th 2011 11:07AM (Unverified) said

I play other games during downtime in my primary game. It's like a police officers backup gun.

Posted: May 6th 2011 12:49PM Suplyndmnd said

@(Unverified)

What game do you play when your service "revolver" isn't working and you need the piece tucked in your shoe?

Posted: May 6th 2011 12:31PM Seffrid said

I have a life.

Posted: May 6th 2011 12:43PM Space Cobra said

Picture comment time!

I must be hungry, because I keep seeing a stack of pancakes in that picture instead of a stack of books! ;P

Posted: May 6th 2011 1:19PM Heraclea said

I'll often to use downtime for light, usually humorous roleplaying. In City of Heroes I'd make up new character slogan macros; every character has at least three or four.

Posted: May 6th 2011 2:00PM (Unverified) said

Currently playing WoT during my downtime - which consists of the painful wait until GW2 and TOR launch :(

Luckily, WoT is insta-queue or I would be at a total loss.

Posted: May 6th 2011 2:12PM nathanb said

I have a man-trum until someone calls the whaa!ambulance.

Posted: May 6th 2011 7:23PM blueimpact said

Game on main monitor, other game to the left, IRC on the right, nagging ex on the cell and flatmate failing at FFXIV.

Time management!

Posted: May 6th 2011 10:13PM (Unverified) said

FFXIV On Main Screen, Guides and or Netflix on the laptop! Problem Solved!

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014