Posted: May 5th 2011 10:06PM darthinfamous said

This was my first MMO so I'm happy to see it's still being covered.

Posted: May 5th 2011 11:43PM shamona said

@darthinfamous
me too, miss the old darktide days

Posted: May 6th 2011 12:36AM Pasha said

That's the game where my account was hacked to get to mattekar hide coat/s, crystal amuli armor set etc. etc. (about $1.5k worth items) - and after that support banned me because hackers used stolen credit card to reactivate account for looting (support knew account was hacked after my report).

It's strange this game still have subscribers despite dumbness of support team =)

Posted: May 6th 2011 2:11AM socialenemy2007 said

Can't believe it's still around. Amazing game back in the day.

Posted: May 6th 2011 8:23AM Dunraven said

One of my first gaming memories was sitting on my Dads lap while he played AC I had to have been maybe Five.....it was back when we still lived in the states, his character would run into town and he had to turn the sound down, because there was a track of a woman laughing and it scared the heck out of me for some reason.

Good memories

Posted: May 6th 2011 9:47AM shipwreck said

It's amazing to me that this is still going! I tried it again a few months ago and couldn't get past the aged interface. Call me a snob...

Posted: May 6th 2011 1:04PM Ryukan said

This was my first MMO that I got hooked on, played it for years. The open world sandbox gameplay and the non class-based character development system really spolied me and I miss those things in MMO's today. The ones that have those kind of systems seem to suck and/or just are not that fun or interesting.

I would love to see them make a next gen Asheron's Call MMO, but not if it is anything like the suckpile that AC2 was.

Posted: May 6th 2011 2:39PM Daemodand said

I get the idea Turbine keeps AC around as some sort of pet or prestige project. Here's hoping it sees another 12 years!

God bless Asheron's Call!

One Shots: Grim Raider