Posted: May 4th 2011 1:04PM starbuck1771 said

• 1 heart
The class action suit is a total joke. Here is what those crazy canadians stated: http://www.mcst.ca/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=RlXFlfrf51k%3d&tabid=463

In the first link the lawers say SONY said it was 77 million people hacked which we all know is BS as we have all received the same info which is 24.6 million may have had their info hacked.

In the second link the same lawyers try to make it sound as if SONY themselves were the hackers.

Retarded Canadians need to be taken deep into the woods, and be shot. Anyways it is canada so a billion dollars of their money is like what a dollar and fifty cents american money. LOL :P

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:19PM Lenn said

@starbuck1771 I think the 77 million were the original PS accounts. The 26 extra were SOE accounts.

But whatever makes you feel better about having the urge to take people out into the woods and shoot them just for being Canadian.

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:25PM starbuck1771 said

@Lenn Not for being Canadian but for being retards. My father was Canadian after all.

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:31PM starbuck1771 said

@Lenn BTW the law suit is only for those in canada and I am sure that 77 million people in canada don't have the PSN. Read the article it is 77 million world wide so they cant ask for a billion in that law suit without looking like idiots:

We've heard Sony explain itself at length regarding the gigantic PlayStation Network breach, but this might be the most useful version of the story yet -- it's the one that Sony's Kaz Hirai is forwarding to US Congress members concerned about your personal information. The official PlayStation.Blog has the full English document up on Flickr for your perusal, and we'll warn you it's much the same tale -- Sony says all 77 million PSN and Qriocity accounts have had information stolen, but the company's still not sure exactly which pieces have gone missing, whether credit card numbers are compromised or no, or who could be behind the hack. Sony does say, however, that it had 12.3 million credit card numbers on file, and 5.6 million of them from the US, and that investigators found a file on one of the servers named "Anonymous" with the words "We are Legion" inside it. Hard to draw many conclusions from that.

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:37PM Lenn said

@starbuck1771 Ah, that makes it MUCH better.

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:44PM Lenn said

@starbuck1771 So, first it wasn't Anonymous and now it is? This is getting more and more interesting by the minute.

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:45PM starbuck1771 said

@Lenn in the end I see members of Anon being put in prison. The FBI will find those who did it.

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:47PM starbuck1771 said

@Lenn The only people that said it wasn't Anon was Anon. If you commited a crime of this scale would you go out and brag about it?

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:48PM Vorender said

@starbuck1771

Just like how they found out who in Anonymous was responsible for this, right?

Posted: May 4th 2011 2:15PM Lenn said

@starbuck1771 No, I wouldn't. But then, I don't hide behind a Guy Fawkes mask and pretend to be part of a hivemind.

Posted: May 4th 2011 2:42PM starbuck1771 said

@Vorender eventualy they will screw up and get like I said get caught.

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:18PM smg77 said

Wow I guess it's not that surprising that in the midst of this disaster that SOE's guerrilla marketing team is still hard at work.

Posted: May 4th 2011 7:16PM starbuck1771 said

@smg77 Despite this situation Sony is still going to make a strong showing this year and market stuff. Just because a bunch of lame children hacked a couple of their systems doesn't mean Sony will completely shut down. would you bow down and kiss the butt of someone trying to strongarm you?

Posted: May 4th 2011 2:57PM starbuck1771 said

Here is a great video about this situation from G4TV's AOTS:

Adam Sessler tells it like it is.

Posted: May 4th 2011 4:55PM warpax said

turns out those soe.innovyx.net are legit emails.. yet SOE only made a staement about them being official today.. i started getting these emails 2 or 3 days ago and thought them phishing attempts because of the weird addy..

Posted: May 4th 2011 5:22PM Lenn said

@warpax Good job Sony, letting us know this more than a day late.

That e-mail didn't say anything new either, to add insult to injury. So I am assuming my account was affected, since I received that e-mail. But how? Should I be worried about my credit card? When I receive my monthly statement, will I find out I have been charged with hundreds of boxes of Guy Fawkes masks?

A little more information wouldn't hurt, Sony.

Posted: May 4th 2011 5:23PM Lenn said

@Lenn "charged for"

I'd like to be charged for an edit button, Massively.

Posted: May 4th 2011 7:12PM starbuck1771 said

@Tempes Magus
Sony will not crumble from this. This realy only hurt them from a PR standpoint. If you fault them for being the victom of hackers then you have real issues. As Adam Sessler said in this video: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/52750/sony-hack-how-the-data-security-breach-affects-gamers/
Being hacked comes with the internet. Until that changes you have to live with it.

Posted: May 4th 2011 7:24PM Graill440 said

"Sophisticated means to access and cover their tracks" Such BS.

Posted: May 4th 2011 11:32PM Yukon Sam said

SOE sucks hard in a number of respects, most of them having less to do with game design than with displaying negative aptitude for EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of community relations.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to let some idiot script kiddie who isn't fit to breath the same air as a real hacker scare me away from what I want to play. Frack 'em.

Script kiddies in the big house. They're going to be the belles of the ball, finding out why they call it hard time.

One Shots: The sacred bosom dance