Posted: May 3rd 2011 5:17PM Space Cobra said

Damn...I can't find a video of that old Star Wars Arcade game!

But basically, there is one stage you are on speeder bikes in the forest of Endor (overhead view) and you are weaving in/out of trees and traps. The stage ends as you come upon small pixellated (16-bit) figures of C-3PO and the Ewoks and the game then quotes, in 3PO's/Daniel's voice, "Wonderful! We are now part of the Tribe!"

Yes, off-topic, but it is forever emblazoned in my head!

Posted: May 3rd 2011 7:52PM Rengar said

@Space Cobra
When you first said "old" Star Wars Arcade game, I thought you meant the vector graphics death star run game from the early 80s.

Posted: May 4th 2011 1:26AM Space Cobra said

@Rengar

This is it!

1:40!

"Star Wars - Return of the Jedi Arcade Game" Sorta a 3-in-1 isometric shooter.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 5:53PM Equillian said

I'm trying to get excited about this one... just having a hard time. Considering what it is, I know they've at leat got my 50 unless the beta footage is aweful which I'm betting is not going to be the case.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 5:53PM Equillian said

@Equillian
Least! jeeze... edit function PLEASE.

Posted: May 4th 2011 2:28AM C Rose said

@Equillian

I was about to yell at you for being too harsh on the poor OP. Then I realized you were just being mean to yourself.

Posted: May 4th 2011 8:55AM Equillian said

@C Rose

Hehe, ya Rose, I'm a rare breed, I dont use the internet as a way to be a jerk. Thanks for showing self control. :)

Posted: May 3rd 2011 6:03PM Meurik said

""Everything you just said [Pazaak, Sabaac, and swoop racing] is on the wall of crazy. We have definite interest in getting those in. None of those things [is] in the game today.""

Please, oh please... Add "Pod Racing" as a form of Player vs Player activity at some point. They could use their "Space Combat on rails" mechanic, as a basis if they do. Just need to add a few features like engine overheat, and the ability to "boost" your speed.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 10:34PM eyeball2452 said

"The dedicated crafters have access (through special means we haven't talked about yet) to pursue recipes that are very rare on their entire server."

I hope they have a way for crafters to advertise that they have rare recipes. It took me a week on a high pop server in Rift to track down a crafter to make a purple item I needed.

"We will probably not have [a guild advancement system] on day one."

I would consider this more important than a LFG system. I might consider not playing TOR day 1 if this isn't in. Guilds are the core of a MMO and every effort should be spent to accommodate and help them succeed.

Posted: May 4th 2011 2:47AM sortius said

@eyeball2452

I'd say the opposite. LFG is far more important than buffing guilds. If you can't get groups, why stay and join a guild?

Posted: May 4th 2011 4:03AM JonBuck said

What I'm hoping for, in the longer term after launch, is much less on-rails-shooter for space and something a little more Star Trek Online-ish. Free flight, customizable ships.

Posted: May 4th 2011 6:47AM (Unverified) said

@JonBuck

I would prefer more like SFC3 then STO. Thats the last thing I want is anything compared to STO :)...

That said, I am more than happy with Ground Combat than space. If it was an Xwing or Falcon you got to fly then yes, but since this is way before, I don't find the ships as iconic thus not fussed about space.
Give me my purple lightsaber!!!

Posted: May 4th 2011 10:50AM Tim Skijwalker said

nice article man

i am in a bad mood today but after reading GAY-ORK i lolled pretty hard xD

cant wait till next week

Posted: May 4th 2011 4:39PM Daemodand said

"You are not going to team up -- superhero with supervillain -- and go kill somebody together."