Posted: May 3rd 2011 11:51AM Bramen said

For free this game is pretty good!

Posted: May 3rd 2011 1:07PM Zantom said

I didn't know it released yet. Is it F2P? If so I may have to give it a shot.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 2:52PM searstream said

Buggy and laggy. This has some work before it becomes any good, and I really wanted to like it.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 2:30PM pcgneurotic said

I didn't know it was out yet either!

Posted: May 3rd 2011 2:33PM Germaximus said

Yeah this games pretty awesome.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 2:59PM SocksForYou said

I thought it was only released in certain regions thus far.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 3:03PM Equillian said

@SocksForYou

You're right, this is only in beta for US residents. Can anyone tell me if it's pvp only?

Posted: May 3rd 2011 3:29PM Degu said

@Equillian

Depends on the missions you choose. Unless they changed radically in the last month or two, they're specifically marked them as pvp/pve when you check the list. You can run into the other faction in storyline quests as well.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 3:43PM Borick said

I betad this for a day or two.

I had a real beef with the combat controls from the first training instance. The game started me in a point-defense turret on a cap ship, but the turret tracking was slower than what you'd see in a modern fire control system. I had the immediate impression that I was supposed to accept that a point defense turret should track slower than a WWII-era flak cannon.

Target HUD was horrible and unintuitive to me. Target markers were tiny and gave very little info. Determining friend or foe required squinting to examine the target overlay, and the target lead indicator was horribly lagged. Trying to think ahead of the delay in turret movement while leading a target and compensating for latency was too much for this old geek.

I'd love to give the game another try, but BP doesn't even seem as good a game to me as Vendetta Online.

Posted: May 4th 2011 5:53AM BGExorcist said

Laggy, heavy instanced, repeatative missions. You can pilot onaly a few ships, or so people told on the global chat. Some areas are accesible to all, which is griefer's heaven, thanks to the open PvP, and the 9 lvl diference between players, in which you are not protected.

Also I smell healy pay to own and cash shop dependance. No way of converting ingame money for cash shop currency. Items have upgrade slots, say like 2 unlocked and 5-6 locked. Cash shop - unlock, upgrade, own.

Gona check it more in the next days. Currently lvl 7