Posted: Apr 30th 2011 8:28PM DevilSei said

The best way to really describe Metal Assault, is likely saying its very much a "Metal Slug" Online. The game is fun, but the game uses coins as both a way of reviving yourself, and as currency to replay a map after finishing it completely.

I say completely because a lot of the maps have multiple difficulties, and won't cost you a thing to replay it on the next one. Yet I have yet to feel like I need a team for any mission on any difficulty, having soloed all of them.

The Zombie and PvP can be pretty fun as well.

Posted: Apr 30th 2011 8:42PM cliktea said

So did anyone pick up Darkspore? I've yet to see anyone talk about it. Wondering how it really is.

Posted: Apr 30th 2011 9:18PM Loopy said

@cliktea Yeah i'm also wondering about it. I got burned with Rift as an impulse purchase, so i'm kinda treading lightly these days :)

Posted: Apr 30th 2011 11:47PM Skyydragonn said

@cliktea Darkspore is "okay" its not as engaging as Diablo was but no where near as bad as its many knockoffs over the last decade.
It does have some interesting twists over diablo type games in that you personally control teams of up to 4 different creatures that can be swapped out depending on the type of creature your fighting ( damage taken is based on a system of counter types for creatures) Your co-op partner also has his team of critters. each mission is fairly linear (In beta they were) but the battles at the end are at least somewhat challenging.
I'de wait until after the first price drop to buy it though. its not AAA pricetag material IMO

Posted: May 1st 2011 3:09AM Addfwyn said

@cliktea I picked it up, dropped a good 15 hours or so into it so far. It's not the deepest Diablo-style game out there, but it has a lot going for it that makes me interested. If you like Diablo-type games and maybe Pokemon, it should appeal.

Setting) It's a sci-fi diablo style hack'n'slash. That alone makes it a lot more different than many of your other hack'n'slash action RPGs.

Heros) There's basically 25 unique heros (each with 3 additional variants that have some appearance and skill differences) that you can deploy. They fall into one of three classes (DPS, Tank, Mage basically) and one of five elements. Each has a passive, a basic attack, two normal abilities, and a squad ability that is usable by anyone in the squad. Pretty good variety, so while there is no skill tree system, you'll be unlock heros regularly enough that it serves roughly the same role.

Squad System) You can bring up to 3 heros with you in any given mission, and each hero's squad ability is always available as long as that hero is alive, which allows for some really fun customization in your squads. Bring Zex along in your squad, and suddenly your entire team has the ability to teleport.

Downsides include that the level design is pretty much Point A to Point B (which doesn't really bother me) and that there isn't much variety in missions. Which again, not that surprising for the genre. It isn't revolutionary, but I've really been enjoying it, moreso than I did with Torchlight.

If you play it, make sure you play with people. It's pretty easy/boring if you are playing solo, but the difficulty and rewards ramp up a LOT with more people playing. You are able to chain levels back to back to try to ramp up the quality of rewards, and there's a certain pleasure you get from making it through 3-4 missions in a row without stopping and cashing in some epic prizes.

Posted: May 1st 2011 3:56AM socialenemy2007 said

League of legends seriously needs to create more maps. HoN as well. I understand the gameplay will ultimately be the same, but goddamned am I tired of looking at the same tired maps.

Posted: May 1st 2011 7:32AM Spazzinouthard said

@socialenemy2007 I agree, the same two maps every game has started to kill my interest of the game.

Posted: May 2nd 2011 2:20PM (Unverified) said