Posted: May 3rd 2011 1:56PM NeverDeath said

Doctor doom is the main villain... So no Apocalypse, Mimic, Magneto or a dozen other villains that are much worse than Dr. Doom? Sad, way to drop the ball on that one. I also don't like the statement" epic journey through a REIMAGINING of...". We have enough "reimagining" going on with all the liberties taken by the movies and other recent "versions" of the Marvel Universe.

It would be nice if someone would, at some point, do what is expected of MMOs based on fantasy IPs, such as STAYING TRUE TO THE STORY and outlining it so that long-time fans can have their cake, and new ones can learn the actual backstory instead of watching XI-III and thinking that Rogue was one of the original X-Men or that Colossus was an American, or never knowing that Sabertooth and Mystique were the parents of Nightcralwer and Rogue who are never revealed to be siblings, or a billion other inconsistencies and "reimaginings". I hope they don't take "reimagining" too far - but I can't say I care a whole lot. I don't know that an MMO is the best framework for a game where you can BE the iconic characters, because hundreds of Iron Man clones flying about isn't really going to make a whole lot of sense.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 11:53PM Protoavis said

@NeverDeath

Sabertooth isn't Nightcrawlers father, Azazel is.

Posted: May 26th 2011 3:25AM Metatron said

@NeverDeath I agree, I'm pretty sure as soon as the story with Doctor Doom is over, the game will end and no new content will ever be introduced.
You're probably right.

Posted: May 3rd 2011 2:41PM StClair said

I'm actually rather amused by the image of a few dozen Wolverines (in various costumes) all milling about in a crowd, communicating in their own Pokemon-ish language.
"snikt snikt bub snikt?"
"bub snikt bub snikt."
"best there is snikt bub."

Posted: May 3rd 2011 10:35PM (Unverified) said

I don't know, I didn't like the idea of being one of 2800 Wolverines or Spidermans, but I got to thinking about this and playing as an Iconic Hero. Maybe they are taking a Multiverse approach to this. We well playing on earth 616 witch is the one we all know and love, but you are playing as Wolverine from Earth 2648 and your name is Mr. Stabsyoualot and you have complete control over your appearance, your just Wolverine from a diff universe. This works for me, I can customize my look, chose my name, and deal with the fact that there are 2800 other versions of me running around the world.

Posted: May 4th 2011 8:22AM BigCountry said

Hope it is a success.

The last 2 super hero mmorpgs flopped pretty hard....

To be honest, if there is not some sort of REAL pvp server with open pvp, flavor of looting (risk/reward) with possible territory control this one will flop as well.

The market is flooded with the same game over and over again.

We are not stupid lab rats anymore. Even if it's free.

Just my .02

Posted: May 26th 2011 4:04AM NeverDeath said

Hey angry guy, they announced the primary antagonist as Dr Doom, not me. Troll someone who cares.

Posted: May 26th 2011 11:00AM (Unverified) said

The announcement that players would only be able to play preexisting characters in the Marvel Universe (Spiderman, Wolverine, Cyclops) as opposed to creating your own unique and individual character caught me a little off-guard, I mean what a poor decision, the person making that decision cannot be connected to the player base of potential players.
I hope that Gazillion Entertainment is early enough in the design stages to correct their mistake, playing preexisting characters isn't an MMO it just a PC Game, and something I have NO Interest in. I want to create a character, decide on a path to follow and develop that unique individual character. I hope that after all the negative response that Gazillion takes the time to listen to their prospective player base, otherwise the game will look like DCUO shrinking to “4 Mega Servers” in an attempt to look like people are actually playing the game.