Posted: Apr 28th 2011 9:19PM Scott Ossington said

Is it just me or does this sound a lot like Going Rogue from City of Heros. I play Champions and enjoy the game, I am sure this will be fun.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 1:16AM Stormwalker said

@Scott Ossington Hm, an alternate dimension ruled by the iron-fisted counterpart of the main universe's most iconic hero, who has an underground resistance movement working against him? Where have I seen that before?

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 10:10PM Caskio said

I was more reminded of the X-Men cartoons with the sentinels rounding up the mutants.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 1:02AM Anatidae said

So, I wonder a couple things.

First, I mean no slight to the art team. I am sure they work hard. That said, another City map? CO already feels anemic on content. I think out of every MMO launch in the last few years, they have the smallest virtual space to explore. So they took their city map and modified it? *sigh*

Second, I wonder if this will be the content patch that isn't free to lifetime subscribers. I may sound pessimistic, but I find myself wondering at what point they are going to hamstring those "lifers" in order to pull more revenue.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 3:02AM pcgneurotic said

@Anatidae

I dig where you're coming from, esp. compared to the variety of CoX's maps, but personally speaking I like city maps the best in superhero games, just because that's where - imo - the best superhero-ing occurs.

For me, going off to Africa for a bit of Serpent Lantern is like an exotic holiday, whereas I view my characters' lives as being firmly urban. But that's just me.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 12:27PM JamesWG said

@Anatidae

It's an Adventure Pack, which like all Adventure Packs is free to Lifers and Subscribers but costs extra for F2Pers to access.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 3:33AM Psychotic Storm said

I think it looks good.

They did something somebody else did it before? oh no, please don't say it is so (sarcasm)

Honestly if I look around everything has been seen, done or written and attempted before.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 7:23AM Zuljundwumn said

I ran it as soon as it came on the pts, and without spoiling anything, it is just the best piece of content Cryptic released for CO.

And by the way, Multifaria, the place where this all happens, with the dictator and everything have been in place since the 90' if i'm correct, since it's part of the lore of the Pen and paper game. And it's linked to the one of the main plot of CO, so it's no wonder it was chosen over any other theme.

And beside, it's just a "basic" comic plot routine to show an "evil" alternative universe. Marvel and Dc have their own too.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 8:52AM OmegaDestroyer said

This is up on the PTS? Guess I should go check it out.

Perfect Ten: New MMOs to watch in 2015

Posted on Dec 27th 2014 12:00PM

WRUP: You'll shoot your eye out, kid

Posted on Dec 27th 2014 10:00AM