Posted: Apr 28th 2011 2:04PM The Ogre said

• Half a heart
In other words, "Don't bother with this feature as it will just waste your time and resources by regularly being undone."

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 2:28PM Dril said

@The Ogre

I know, I mean, isn't it crazy that they're doing something that isn't totally static, generic and derivative of other MMOs? What's up with that? Why not just make this game more like WoW/RIFT/LOTRO? Then it'd actually be successful.

Sometimes I wonder what these devs are thinking. New, interesting features? I sure hate those!

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 2:52PM Balraw said

@The Ogre Don't you just love it when people will just dismiss a new feature without actually seeing how it will work in a live environment. This is not even released on the test server yet (where it can be tweaked) and you have already given up on it and dismissed it.

I feel sorry for mmo devs sometimes dammed if they do and dammed if they don't *sigh*

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 2:05PM Dunraven said

This is one game I so wish would go F2P.

Maybe someday....

Posted: Jun 27th 2011 9:15PM gwash said

@Dunraven
Uhhhh...
it is going free to play it was announced last week.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 2:43PM Unshra said

I like the concept, may it work out in the end for them as it would be nice to have player towns that you have to fight in order to keep.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 3:14PM Germaximus said

Very cool idea.
This games surprisingly great.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 3:24PM taconight said

This sounds awesome! As long as protecting the town isn't too grindy/repetitive.

I love a lot of the concepts that Fallen Earth has, I just wish the game grabbed me while I was playing the trial. I dunno what, but something just didn't click with me.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 3:35PM Space Cobra said

Looking forward to the stories about how this works in-game.

Sounds great!

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 3:52PM tk421242 said

It is an interesting concept and a nice twist on traditional housing in an MMO. While I enjoy LOTROs housing as a place to hang a decoration this seems much more involved. I will be interested to see what these special vendors are and what this new currency they require is. I have not spent much time in Fallen Earth in the last year but just reinstall it in Jan with my new pc, perhaps it is time to patch up again and pull out my cycle.

Has the FE construction skill expanded to more than just camp features yet or is it still that basic? Would love a more diverse and detailed construction skill with sheds or trailers that could be patched together like a junk yard structure.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 3:53PM Gaugamela said

This game sounds really awesome! Although I think that it would also be very time consuming.

And I am surprised that they manage to add so many featurezs and content with so little subscribers.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 5:01PM Ryn said

There is another interesting story about Icarus Studios getting another investor aboard.

I have no idea about how many subs they have, but I really enjoy it.

I truly wish them the best. It's a very interesting game, and of course has the best sunsets.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 5:03PM Ryukan said

This s a neat idea and I would love to resub to try it out when it goes live. But I agree with the sentiment that the game should be f2p and it might even become more successful if it was f2p. Or if the sub price was cheaper, it always felt too indie to warrant a AAA sub price.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 9:15PM (Unverified) said

@Ryukan yea, cause they wouldn't need the money from the Sub Price to become AAA

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 6:54PM stealthrider said

• 1 heart
Sounds like it was ripped directly from AoC.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 2:17AM shanert said

@stealthrider

Where the heck do you have anything like this in AoC?

Posted: Apr 30th 2011 9:00AM MegaBubble said

I'm curious to see how this is going to pan out. For me, the one achilles heel for FE has always been enough content at game's end to keep things going. Since they've ditched the traditional "gear treadmill" that many other MMO's have at endgame, there was always a bit of a "well now what do I do?" feeling once getting to level cap, unless you were hardcore into PvP. It doesn't state that these areas will be PvP-oriented in the article, but...I thought I remembered they would be.

Either way, PvE or PvP, I'm okay with that. I'm skeptical that this will -completely- solve the endgame issue, but it looks to be a step in the right direction. I'll be checking out test server soon!

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014