Posted: Apr 27th 2011 6:59PM Irem said

This makes me want to play so badly that it's almost a physical thing (I'm sure that wasn't their intention or anything >_>). Some of the examples given are like, "I want to do that NOW." It calmed a few of my nervous butterflies as far as the world and the environments go, because they really do sound like they put a great deal of care and attention into them. I remember the line from one of the videos that really hooked me on the game was one that talked about how they treat their environments as though they were characters.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 10:12PM Ehra said

"A series of broken stone columns turns out to be a jumping puzzle to reach a hidden cave mouth overgrown with vines. The caved-in floor of a ruined fort drops you down several stories into a flooded subbasement haunted by the cursed ghosts of pirates. A hatch in the basement of a farmhouse conceals a tunnel to the cavern hideout of a bandit gang."

I didn't think it was even possible for me to be even more in love with this game.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 10:44PM Dirame said

@Ehra

Keep them in mind, when this game launches we must jump on every pillar, check every house and jump into every fort with holes in it.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 10:59PM DevilSei said

@Dirame

Until you find a fort with a bottomless pit am I right?

Then you just find out it wasn't really a pit, but Asurans playing with inter-connected portals that are color-coded, and had ended up making one right over the other.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 11:48PM Jeromai said

Is this the next sneaky but evolutionary shift in designing MMOs?

Recognising that there are not just Achiever players, but a really really big subset of players who love to Explore, especially if it can tie back into further Achievement?

And making scenery matter? Since GW2 wants to stress positioning as an oft-overlooked combat strategy of MMOs?

Sweeeet.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM