Posted: Apr 27th 2011 7:17PM (Unverified) said

I recently reactived my account, and was falling in love with Aion. Sadly upon asking around, I was educated on Aion endgame is strictly PVP. With only 2 raids, which you can only access if your faction owns the PVP area for that given week. After hearing I was going to be forced into PVP after leveling to 30, it was like someone shooting a puppy in front of me... let down. I could have seen Aion making a comeback and competing in the NA market, after recently fixing many of the leveling grind problems. The options with personal appearance is amazing, and the best looking gear I think compared to other games. Forced PVP though and lack of PVE endgame.... /sigh ya that kills it for me.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 8:19PM Yarr said

@(Unverified)

Actually, you can avoid PvP entirely for the most part, if you choose. One can easily level to mid 30's in non-PvP areas. The home area buffs make the mixed PvE/PvP areas fairly safe so you can explore them. The solo instances give huge amounts of XP which will take you from 37 to 45 in little time. Then back to the non-PvP areas (Brust & Theo) for 45+ mobs.

It is so funny seeing these type of comments when most of the Aion PvP crowd considers the game to be totally a PvE game these days. Plus, it isn't like Aion hid the fact that sections of the game are open world PvP, they were pretty clear about that. There are PvE only areas and then PvPvE sections.

As to end game, the overdue and about to be released in the west 2.5 adds the Academy Bootcamp (with 2.6 adding a solo version of it) for level 50+, plus Araka Farm, and so on. Yes, the 2.1 added areas are PvP heavy and probably it would have been better if they were PvP only, to be honest, as some place without PvE mobs would have been a good idea, IMO. But, at least for me, there is lots to do with more on the way. Aion isn't perfect, but it is greatly improving over time, in spite of NCWest's poor handling of many aspects of the game.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 8:24PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Aion is regularly adding new content and instances. Saying your faction has to control the PvP area for "that given week" is incorrect. The Balaurea fortresses that open access to Beshmundir Temple go vulnerable twice a day, every day, so your faction has many chances to capture or defend them per week. In addition, Aion is not all PvP at end game, but it is mainly a PvPvE game. Players must PvP to do some PvE instances. Likewise, they must PvE in some cases to control fortresses that are linked to PvP. Aion's mix of players who enjoy both aspects of the content provide for both of these needs.

All that said, it will be very difficult to forever avoid PvP.

As for new content, 2.5 is almost here which brings 2 new PvE instances to the game. In addition, 2.6 introduces Aion's 4th solo PvE instance.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 9:50PM Laguna said

@(Unverified)
"Bottom line is, the game mixes both playstyles, but there is plenty available for each."

LoL so besh and dredgion is plenty of content? Except if you want to plow through thousand of mobs for some "world pvp". Also what is this "regularly adding content and instances" you are talking about?

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 9:37AM TexRob said

Character transfers were talked about as early as release, when people had issues getting on servers. I can't believe this is just now going live, but it doesn't surprise me. Everything takes forever when it's trickled down from the Korean teat to the US.

Time will tell, but I sure don't miss Aion like I often do other old MMOs I played. I feel like Aion was more of a pretty drug than something I ever thoroughly enjoyed (yes, I had a top level char in full Fenris and AP weapons and gear).

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 11:58PM (Unverified) said

"Aion server drama (or two-hour dredgion cues)"

...

Should be "Aion server drama (or two-hour dredgion queues)"