Posted: Apr 26th 2011 7:04PM Bramen said

Yeah, May is cool like that!

Well, got to go to my Calc2 class. CYA

Posted: Apr 26th 2011 7:54PM Talon12 said

Interesting title screen. I am actually one of the people who coded and made Battlestar MUSH.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 7:11AM Anticrawl said

@Talon12

I use to softcode and write for Age of Chaos. The best damn Wheel of Time based MUD ever. Way back before the weave system was added.

Ahh MUDs, you will never be matched by MMOs.

Posted: Apr 26th 2011 8:29PM Borick said

I haven't been back to the MU's in years, but from '92 till '99 that was where I lived.. Great times.

It seems impossible now, how we did all of that with just text chat, and in hindsight I'm humbled by the the level of respect and patience it took to maintain a 60+WPM narrative cooperatively with dozens of people at a time.

On a MUSH you weren't just a dwarf priest with a character sheet. You built and maintained the whole world as a cooperative story in near-to-real time.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 4:50AM Niieh said

I miss MUDs! I wish they became popular again - would be great to play a MUD on a mobile device, since every 3d game I try to play on it is shallow and not immersive at all.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 9:42AM paraLogiki said

@Niieh I believe many MUDs still are popular. If you are on an Android phone, check out Blowtorch, mud client with MCCP, aliases, triggers, timers, etc.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 10:57AM demonlife said

I remember playing MUDs back in the early '90s and we'd talk about the future when there would be "graphical MUDs!"

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 2:51PM Space Cobra said

Just to add, yeah, I mostly was into the "Hallucinations" known as MUSHes. Even DikuMUSE and MUCKs (and the 2 MUXs). Not so much MUDs.

Hearing these stories are pretty great; it shows that people still think about what is a shared-world and how to present yourself or Roleplay in it, with the value of text sparking one's mind's eye.

Posted: Apr 29th 2011 3:23PM (Unverified) said

I played a MUD Ancient Anguish for roughly 12 years before finally succumbing to WoW. Some great times, I believe the community there is still fairly active, fantastic MuD, highly recommended.

ancient.anguish.org port 2222

Posted: May 3rd 2011 2:20PM Boulderbolg said

I hosted a few World of Darkness MUSHes when I was into those. There were a few bad ones, but a couple of good ones too. My handle: trts. I miss those days!

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM