Posted: Apr 27th 2011 12:15AM rockman0 said

The Good Sith does sound fun. I may give that a try after I finish playing with my Evil Jedi. :-)

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 1:02AM Rayko said

Light side Sith force users is the dumbest thing I think I have ever heard of. Sure, not all members of Sith Society are "evil" but Sith training can ONLY lead to the darkside. I hope they can come up with a good enough lore and story to change my mind but man...I doubt it.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 2:13PM EilertAlemat said

@Rayko It sounds ridiculous, but not uncalled for. We saw so many times lightsiders falling dark side, but how much stories we've been told about darksiders coming into the light? Much less.

They can feint something like struggling against dark nature of one's power. Similiar to humanity in WoD vampires or mages Mastigos Path of Scourging. Anyway we'll see about that.

BTW I thought of one who received sith training and became lightside - Starkiller. But too much factors must be accounted when talking about this one. Son of Jedi, for instance.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 1:04AM Rayko said

...and if someone knows where I can find their reasoning for it please share it.

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 1:08AM tsavonglah said

Ah roleplay guilds are fun I am in the last surviving roleplay guild in warhammer online, all dwarfs, we basically just hate on elfs and act like drunken maniacs in game its loads of fun!

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 3:45AM Laurs said

Can someone explain this to me, as i've not found enough data online: if you roll an inherently evil char (Sith side) and level them as "good" or light side, then what faction to you play with? Will you cross over to the good Jedi and be able to group up with them for flashpoints or battlegrounds? Or do you still play against them?

Posted: Apr 27th 2011 2:01PM EilertAlemat said

It's nice to know LS Sith Inquisitor is most challenging. I had choosen that one the moment I read about LS/DS is non-faction.

Posted: Apr 28th 2011 1:02PM Zax19 said

@Bezza I think there are several cases when opposite factions could easily work together but sometimes it's problematic to moderate RP servers when there is too much freedom.

In relation to the article I'm afraid about RP in general due to the theme park style of SWTOR. I'd love to see a trooper-only guild, a platoon of guns for hire/special task force. But could I come up to you and offer you a job? Will there be anything, any combat objective you could do for my benefit? Will I be able to deceive you as an imperial agent, send you in a trap?
I mean, it's nice to have a strange guild but you need to have something to do other that interacting within the guild. As long as I benefit from your actions only if I'm in your group/rain, it'll be hard to entice other people to play along.

On the topic of "grey" characters, I'd love that but as Larry mentioned ME2 suggests it won't be supported much. Another problem is what I'd call "the Drizzt syndrome", many people would like to play the black sheep character, me included :D (I love R.A. Salvatore's books). The feeling "I'm so different from you" wouldn't last for long.

I have bad experience trying to RP at a server with faction vs. faction environment. People tend to attack head on because they can see you're their enemy, but disregarding the fact that their character doesn't know that. OOC behaviour will be a big problem.

Posted: May 1st 2011 3:12AM WolvenSpectre said

Like everyone I have thought about the "good" Sith or playing something else Iconoclast, but to me the most appealing thing is playing a very "bad" Jedi Counsellor that fights the good fight but does it his way and generally disagrees with the Jedi council ways.

Not like Anakin who fought with the council over being recoognized and their distrust in the darkness in him, but more like Quigon Jin crossed with Han Solo. Think exar kun minus the obsession and the dark side.

Posted: May 16th 2011 6:54AM Mortuss said

To bad all trooper guild would have trouble engame, not just because they wont be diverse enough and probably would lack many important skills, but they would progress really slow because of the loot distribution (assuming there is an actual loot and not just commissions :) )
and I also prefer an antihero to rehabilitated bad guy, but Im planning on playing at least one jedi REALLY grey, jolee bindo style :-)