Posted: Apr 25th 2011 1:15PM Beau Hindman said

Oh wow those multiple-houses sound incredible. I always have too much stuff, so it would be fun to have different houses with different themes.

Sweeeeeeet.

Beau

Posted: Apr 25th 2011 4:20PM Saker said

@Beau Hindman
I've always wanted the house from the Halloween event, the Haunted house with the vampires, never understood why they haven't made it a house you could acquire... I mean it's already done! It's a instance that's used every Halloween.... It amazes me that other games haven't included housing (like Rifts), it has so much potential, EQ2 people tend to like it, and sometimes go to extremes with decorating them. I look forward to many of the holiday events and monthly events just for the opportunity to pick up new house items for decorating....

Posted: Apr 25th 2011 2:51PM Space Cobra said

Wait?

"Children of War"? So, the name seems to suggest, to me, that Children will be fighting in a war? So, will we have child labor in-game, too? Possibly, the ability to hire child housekeepers for very cheap (1 copper a day!) for each of our ten new houses?

Can we whip such kids in game?

;P ;)

(Yes, don't take my comments seriously, folks!)

Posted: Apr 26th 2011 12:43AM Space Cobra said

@Space Cobra

On a serious, question asking side, why is this expansion named, "Children of War"? What sort of lore is there for it?

Posted: Apr 25th 2011 6:49PM Wilhelm2451 said

Urban renewal for Qeynos and Freeport! Tear down the ghettos!

As with EQ, in EQ2 Freeport gets the planned re-work while Qeynos languishes.

Posted: Apr 25th 2011 7:06PM mysecretid said

Not trolling. Former player and fan who's genuinely asking ...

Have the character graphics improved at all lately? I expect I'd be playing EQ2 today, if my human avatar's face didn't look like he'd been beaten with a rough-pixelled, old-school baseball bat.

Yes, I know it's a minor, QQ concern at best, but I did actually stop playing after X years because I got tired of looking at at what I felt were ugly characters.

Figured I'd ask here if there have been any graphical upgrades, or if any are planned. I'd like to go back, but I can't play a game where (in my opinion) my characters are uglier than I am. :-D

Posted: Apr 25th 2011 7:11PM Karen Bryan said

@The Ancient Gaming Noob -- Qeynos is also slated to be revamped but they're doing Freeport first.

@mysecretid -- Not sure how recently you have played but they do have two character models available -- the classic and the SOGA models. I prefer classic but I'm always amazed at how many choose SOGA and really like the look. If you haven't seen the game lately it might be worth checking out. EQ2i, as usual, has a good showcase of the models: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:SOGA_Images

Posted: Apr 25th 2011 10:26PM Araxes said

In all of that, I am most excited about the revamp to Freeport. :) That sounds really cool.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014