Posted: Apr 25th 2011 3:34PM NeverDeath said

Honestly, why the hell should I or anyone else give a damn about a game with a pay-to-win business model and NO VERTICAL SYNC SUPPORT? I haven't even heard of a game that didn't offer Vertical Sync support for about 10 years, and it is amazing to me that the developers could have left out such an important feature. Even forcing Vsync and Triple Buffering on your video card and using D3DOverrider via Rivatuner will not get this game to stop screen tearing. The peculiar thing is that it only usually occurs whenever you're looking at one of the building textures (Such as the inside of player housing, the outside of a house in the open world, or anywhere at all in Veranas), but occur it does, and without fail.

I've tried this game on a few computers, and this machine I'm currently running is capable of running RoM in 5 windows simultaneously at full settings without a hiccup - but yet still, the lack of vsync causes screen tearing. It's ridiculous, and until they do something about that, I won't spend another minute in their game, I don't care if they add a new class that gives you four arms and laser vision.

Posted: May 19th 2011 11:26AM (Unverified) said

@NeverDeath

^ this guy

You've commented on two articles in the last four latest about this. we get it.

Posted: Apr 25th 2011 9:12PM jeremys said

Just a quick heads-up for all who watch the video. There must have been an error that prevents viewing at 1080p. I apologize for that. I personally was really looking forward to showing a new crisp video with very good graphics.

You can still watch it at 720p and other settings though. It still looks pretty good at 720, too.

Posted: Apr 26th 2011 3:33AM neversaynever said

To NeverDeath ..... i know whant you want to say ,you know, but .... not all games are like WoW
For me this the best mmorpg game i ever played .... i tried to play other games like Aion .... even Rift only for few days
RoM , for a f2p game rocks

Posted: Apr 26th 2011 4:47AM NeverDeath said

@neversaynever

It's only F2P if you don't mind being vastly less powerful than people who put money into the game (which is why it is pay to win) and from a technical standpoint, the lack of Vertical Sync support makes it a dinosaur among a modern age.

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:40PM NeverDeath said

@neversaynever

What does that even mean, not all games are like WoW? Every MMO besides Runes of Magic that I've played in the past 10 years has had Vsync support. It's not something WoW invented, or something that is exclusive to WoW. I don't know what you're talking about, and I have serious doubts that you do, either.

Also RoM isn't quite a f2p game - it's a p2w that is f2p if you don't mind being utterly destroyed by people who pay large quantities of money. Those who spend more will utterly destroy those who don't spend as much, and that is what p2w (pay to win) means..

Posted: Apr 26th 2011 3:34AM neversaynever said

btw sry for my bad spelling

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:37PM NeverDeath said

@Unverified

^ this guy

You comment on almost every article on this entire website. People in glass houses.