Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:38PM Dril said

• Half a heart
"is the addition of a Looking for Group tool."

What a terrible pity.

You know, I was considering giving RIFT a couple of months and then seeing if the game would improve to something more the my liking, what with a current drought of anything worth playing (apart from Portal 2. But I'm waiting for a sale on that.)

This just sealed the deal: the game's going down the dark, crappy route of convenience of quality, and so soon as well. Such a shame.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:39PM Dril said

• Half a heart
@Dril

Ridiculous spelling errors:
*more to my liking
*convenience over quality

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:46PM jmerriex said

@Dril I COMPLETELY disagree. My sub ends on 5/4 and I will re-up now. I've been waiting for both the LFG Tool and "costume system" mentioned and am VERY excited about it!

I have no idea how I'll have time to play Rift and APB but I'll figure it out I'm sure.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:59PM Rengar said

@Dril
I think it's more of a function of what more players want. A game as casual friendly as Rift, people are going to want to Jump in a Game play some content, and jump with without being required to be in specific large guilds, or shouting for hours to form groups.

Does it lower the social aspect of the game? Definitely to some degree.
The main people it benefits are those that aren't being that social to begin with. There's no requirement to use it if you can get groups another way.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 5:01PM (Unverified) said

@Dril

You have no idea how it will really work. Mainly, whether or not it's cross-server. If it isn't I see no reason why you'd complain unless you're one of those people who are anti-teleport.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 5:18PM Dril said

• Half a heart
@(Unverified)

I kind of assumed it would be cross-server since the WF system is and, you know, so is WoW's (and, yes, this is a blatant, exact copy of WoW, and yes, WoW copied other MMOs, I accept that.)

If it isn't cross-server a lot of the damage is removed, but it still isn't a great system. It encourages the "gogogogogogogogo TOKENS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" mentality that WoW has afflicted onto a great many people, and it still takes away from the social side of finding your own group.

The appearance system is actually really nice. No, I'm not being sarcastic. It was one of the features I asked for (along with cloaks :O) before launch.

And it depends what kind of teleports. Rift's Porticulum? No. Guilds Wars/Oblivion-style teleports? Yeah, I hate those.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 5:56PM (Unverified) said

@Dril

They have said that they don't want to ruin the social aspect, so I'd think that being cross-realm is something they're considering not adding.

And honestly, I don't find making your own group that social. It's a ton of "LF1M DPS for RoF, then G2G" and then people responding saying they'll do it. I find that doing the dungeon itself and knowing that these people are on your realm is where the social side comes in. If you use the LFD/LFG tool and group with some people you really like, then you can easily add them onto your friends list and actually make friends.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 7:06PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
@meanieme

Servers are dying left right and center. Others are packed full with Qs... And TRION is doing NOTHING to balance it.

2 weeks is way to much - and it does not inlcude transfers or merges. lol - that goes to show how much they care.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 9:57PM ice919 said

@meanieme

I don't even play this game but according to that link they are averaging 4000 people on average per server. With 58 servers that puts them over 230,000 subscribers. That may not be WoW but is still quite respectable.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2011 3:28AM Krelian said

• Half a heart
@meanieme

U mad bro ?

Posted: Apr 23rd 2011 4:33PM Vagrant Zero said

@ice919 Don't forget their European servers (all in all it totals 99 servers).

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:41PM canex502 said

Well done. But don't forget about the crafting specific rifts and changes with the crafting system as a whole!

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:51PM Blue Kae said

The only thing disappointing about this interview is the part where Justin says we won't be getting our hands on 1.2 for a few weeks.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:56PM jmerriex said

@Drunken Irish Sniper I think they said it will be just your server. Not 100% sure on that though.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:57PM Drunken Irish Sniper said

Also, do they know they need to improve the invasion AI? The invading monsters don't even bother using tactics and strategy, it's pretty bad.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:57PM Lenn said

• 1 heart
Appearance tabs? OMG!! LotRO clone!!1!

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:59PM Lenn said

@Drunken Irish Sniper It's not the LFG tool that does that, but the tools that use it.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 4:59PM Mynsc said

• Half a heart
"Players can queue up for an instance by role (the system recognizes which builds you have and offers options for tank, healer, support and DPS) and then wait as the tool assembles the group for a cooperative adventure. Once a group is formed, the system thenn throws them into the maelstrom automatically."

Word for word identical with WoW's system.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 5:08PM (Unverified) said

@Mynsc Nobody does.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 5:08PM Lenn said

@Mynsc "And why aren't they announcing any numbers, if the subscriptions are "many" and "growing" ?"

Why should they?

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM