Posted: Apr 21st 2011 11:28AM Yellowdancer said

They should have taken more time with the animations. They really look bad.

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 11:35AM Zuljundwumn said

You forgot to talk about the new sidekick, Duratok.
I just love how instead of creating a sidekick feature in the game, with featured missions, customizable sidekick etc, they just put some limited-use devices on the C-store.

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 11:55AM Yellowdancer said

@Zuljundwumn

Those sidekicks are more useful/powerful than Batman or Superman in DCUO...I'm not sure why they put them in the game. A game that you can solo to 40 blindfolded

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 12:44PM Zuljundwumn said

@Yellowdancer
Yes I totally agree, I mean... I teamed up once with a guy who soloed Kigatilik on a daily basis, it's a good indicator of how balanced the game is. Having a sidekick is not really usefull, even in elite mode, but still...
It would be fun.

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 1:00PM Daemodand said

Oh look, it's Thor with an axe.

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 2:11PM Decados said

Yeah Cryptic, we get it. The Thor movie is coming out.

But would it have been possible to make a video that, oh, I don't know, even remotely looks like it might be in a superhero environment. There was almost nothing in that video that didn't look like it came out of the flavor of the month WoW clone.

I

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 2:43PM eggmanjr said

kinda resembles the lich king from WoW

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 4:35PM ShivanSwordsman said

That's neat looking. Are Archetypes still $10 a pop for free to play completely uncustomizable arcchetypes? If so, wow. These guys are freakin' robbing everyone blind and just raking in the cash, even though there's no way to get the actual game itself (customization) except to subscribe per month.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 11:13AM Zyrusticae said

@Tempes Magus
I feel the need to point out that you can acquire new character slots simply by leveling a character to 40.

Not that I'm defending Cryptic's terrible business practices any. Just pointing that out.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 10:32AM Elikal said

Essentially all archetypes look like something else, hence they ARE archetypes. Vader looked like Sauron, who looked like some figure from mythologies. Nothing is new. *shrug*

Still, this isn't NEW. The powerset existed before, it just wasn't named Devastator. So it's just old wine in new bottles.

Sidenote: I still think CO is way better than DCU, and thats saying something.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 11:12AM Zyrusticae said

@Elikal
Er... what?

No, the power set did NOT exist before. "Heavy Weapons" was added in just this patch! How can you not have noticed this?!

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014