Posted: Apr 21st 2011 7:46PM Danteeeee said

The combat is just too repetetive for me to play. It becomes boring very early, I need change and action not just the same key over and over. "Spell 2, Spell 3, Spell 2, Spell 3, Skill 1 Spell 2, Spell 3" Oh look it's dead. Rinse and repeat. Oh look it's dead.

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 9:23PM (Unverified) said

I actually liked the combat dynamic, the ability to switch weapons on the fly by using skills associated with that weapon. Also it feels very tactile, like your actually hitting something, which most mmo's really miss the mark IMO. That being said the game fails in the quest department, it boils down to kill quest after kill quest with very little variety. I know that's basically every mmo in a nutshell "kill quests" but this is just mind numbing. Kill 10 of these mobs then kill 10 of these slightly differently named mobs but with an identical model a couple feet away from the last group you slaughtered. After awhile it took the shine off of the things the game does well like the steam punk aspects & the multipurpose backpacks that serve as armor/attack boost plus fast travel, sprouting awesome looking mechanical or crystal wings (depending on the race you choose) and allow you to boost into the air when you double tap space, very fun! Makes me sad the quests just make me want to log out -_-

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 10:58AM TheElvenAssassin said

That landscape is awesome. :) I may have to check this game out.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 11:48AM Loopy said

When i played the beta couple of weeks ago, the game was buggy as hell. Text wouldn't wrap around dialogue boxes, there was font missing, korean letters mixing with english. Also a lot of features just weren't working properly.

Is this stuff fixed already?

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 11:45AM Loopy said

When i played the beta couple of weeks ago, the game was riddled with bugs and broken features. I still remember the text not wrapping around the dialogue box, as well as korean letters on a lot of labels (and even quest text).

Are these issues fixed already?

Posted: Apr 22nd 2011 1:33PM starchildren3317 said

@Loopy

When I played Closed and Open beta this was the same experience for me. Besides being kind of the same theme-park, quest-led, MMO that has been out there for years what actually got me to eventually uninstall the game was the fact that the game was always empty of players when ever I was logged in. Seriously, it was always so quiet that my heart jumped and I remembered that I was actually playing an MMO whenever I ran into another player.

Posted: Apr 25th 2011 3:10PM edgecrusherO0 said

@starchildren3317

This just in! Nothing changes between beta and live for games. Ever.

I'm getting tired of people looking at beta's as a demo. It's not. Games change between beta and live (even if it's only a few weeks between the end of beta and launch). More people will log on and play after launch, and issues that were there in beta (quest text errors) are *usually* fixed.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM