Posted: Apr 19th 2011 8:06PM Anatidae said

Every time WAR news pops up, I feel the disappointment of this title again.

It seemed to have so much potential too.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 8:16PM EgoPoisoning said

It's interesting to have JUST decided to pick up a sub for WAR, after enjoying a few days of the Endless Trial and getting attached to some characters. I wanted to advance beyond the cap, and picked up a loot bag which I couldn't open, so I said "what the hell" and popped fifteen on the game.

I've been following WAR since its inception, though I hadn't checked up on any of the blogs dedicated specifically to it in a while. When I went around and got caught up on them, nearly all of the authors had abandoned the game.

I love the atmosphere, the mechanics, and am even enjoying the PvP (which I normally eschew). I wonder how much of the bile and disappointment the game generates is due to reinforcement from other disappointed players. I'm prepared to -be- disappointed when I scrape the upper tiers of gameplay, but the way I play an MMO that would take years; and I've yet to see a naysayer of the game GIVE it years of life.

Posted: Apr 20th 2011 7:25AM Deadalon said

@EgoPoisoning

Lol - player that isn't top lvl and hasn't realised he needs to grind to RR 100 while beeing cannonfodder to the already RR 100 for about 6-8 months.

Gratz m8. You realise it soon enough. And then you will come to the same conclution as we all (exept few hundred already highest RR players) Its just not worth it.

Posted: Apr 20th 2011 6:57PM Suplyndmnd said

@EgoPoisoning

I played this game for about 1 1/2 years and the vast changes they made killed me. They removed Victory points, objectives, and just made it far too focused. I was willing to look past this and even resub. I had bought a 6 month sub pack but not played in a few months due to my computer being on the fritz. I come back witha month left on that sub to find all these changes and a cash shop added that you must use to get to RR100 and now vanity pets that aren't vanity pets that give you a boost but you must purchase them with real money.

No game, NO game is worth having to buy, pay a monthly fee, and have a cash shop. That was when i cancelled, gave all my stuff away and uninstalled the game. I will never be back to that game and I hope it dies a firey miserable death.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 9:10PM TheCrazyness said

While I cant agree that the game is totally dead, and you cant really put a date on when it will die. But it most certainly isnt alive at the moment either. Im not even going to put a date on when it became a zombie. It is still slowly hemorrhaging, but I hope some kind of miracle happens soon.

Posted: Apr 20th 2011 12:11AM (Unverified) said

I predict... two months after SW:TOR launches they pull the plug.

Posted: Apr 20th 2011 5:12AM Ehi said

This game would have so much potential for going F2P as DDO and Lotro did. It would bring a whole new influx of players, and could finally make the game successful as its dynamics depends alot of the number of active players in it (PQs, RvR... etc). This game still has potential, offers a unique PvP leveling system, has some interesting PvE mechanics even if it's not its focus, and got much better than it was at release (at least it was clearly the case when I tried it one year after the release, cant comment on what they did in it after that).

Posted: Apr 20th 2011 7:29AM Deadalon said

@Ehi

Its too late for the title to go F2P. Besides - its a PVP game so what would you be selling in store ? Free instant kills ? 10 extra RR levels ? No it simply doesn't work in PVP sentric game. And THATS why it was so important for Mythic to keep working on the PVE content.

WAR can not be saved anymore. They will probably try at least 1 more time but every single desission from Mythic and EA has been a total disaster upon disaster. And why? Because they opted to ONLY work on PVP content.

NO PVP game can survife with healthy player base. Because 50% of the players will always be loosers. And loosters dont pay money for loosing. They leave.

Posted: Apr 20th 2011 7:01PM Suplyndmnd said

@Deadalon

It's losing. And losers. That kills me and you got it wrong 3 times really quickly. Maybe, i don't know what a loster is either. Lobster?

Posted: Apr 21st 2011 8:38PM Song7 said

@Suplyndmnd he spelled it looster not loster, if you're going to misspell someone else's misspell at least misspell it correctly :p

The Stream Team: Anchors away in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM