Posted: Apr 19th 2011 12:08PM remeran said

@Triskelion
Agreed, I've played both and the resemblance is uncanny. It's like WoW re-skinned, but when I go on guild chat everyone says it's nothing like it.... I don't know maybe I'm missing something but the hate that WoW has and the praise that Rift has doesn't make any sense to me.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 2:04PM remeran said

@Puremallace
I agree with you, many people do hate Blizzard not WoW. My point is only that many Rift players say that WoW sucks flat out while not looking at the similarities between both. I;m only trying to figure out the reason why WoW get's so much hate and Rift get's so much praise. While there are many differences between the games, there are much much more similarities. I am not saying that Rift sucks or Blizzard is awesome. I'm just saying that both are great games for different reason and both have their faults.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 10:07AM Dunraven said

This is how I look at it...if you truly need this app, you should reevaluate your life.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 9:22PM PhelimReagh said

@Dunraven

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 10:25AM rhorle said

Does anyone else find it funny that massively reported this via ZAM, instead of from their own network site wow.joystiq.com?

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 10:25AM Lenn said

I wonder how long until guilds in WoW start to make this mandatory.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 10:36AM rhorle said

@Lenn

I don't see that happening as there aren't very many guilds that would have a need for everyone to be able to communicate at any time. Websites are still better for such a thing. The "world top 10" types might use it during progression periods.

I could see someone finding a way to tie in a website plugin that allows anyone that has "access" to communicate via an attached remote service account. I could see guilds doing something like that more then making everyone buy the service. Though they'd have to spend $18 a month to make it completely secure (Dummy account with subscription + remote service subscription)

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 10:31AM rhorle said

@Puremallace

The remote services aren't something you are already paying for, and you only pay for the ability to buy/sell or chat. You can browse the AH for free. Its perfectly fine to charge to limit people using in-game features while not in-game.

So if you don't want to pay you still get a use from the Remote Services, just not as big of a benefit.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 10:31AM (Unverified) said

I would have been interested in this, two years ago.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 10:53AM Titula said

Activision and the ruins of what once was Blizzard North stopped being respectable as a game developping collective two years after vanilla WoW launched. Now they milk in every way possible their fanbase like other IPs (guitar heroes, eg). They are rehashing their old licences. Their only innovation since 2004 is how to make more money through mobile phones and item shop on the same product.
As far as I'm concerned, they can continue to make their shareholders happy, I won't buy anything from them anymore and I'm supporting other developers.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 11:18AM socialenemy2007 said

@Titula Ya, after the disappointment with Starcraft 2, I said to hell with Blizz. I can't believe they are chopping it up and only giving us one campaign at a time.

Posted: Apr 20th 2011 5:00AM Budukahn said

@socialenemy2007

Yes but to be fair, it was a *really* good campaign in my opinion, and certainly not any shorter than you would have expected three campaigns for each race to have been put together. That said, I'm a Terran player - I can see how players of the other two factions would feel cheesed off, and come the "Protoss" campaign, I'll likely be giving it a miss entirely since I really don't care about those pylon loving mysterious generic aliens.

Still, we've all known ActiBliz is all about milking the fanbase for some time now. We didn't need major anticpated releases being split into three parts, no LAN option for home play, obsessive integration with an online network, major expansions that are overpriced but deliver a pittance of content and sudden u-turns on claims that server type changes will never be permitted to know this.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 11:08AM turkeyspit said

I'm really glad Blizzard released this app, and hopefully it won't require tons of maintenance. That would free up personel to focus on the unimportant stuff of WoW like class balance, bug fixes, releasing non-recycled content, and maybe...just maybe...get those shiney 'ponies' ready for release.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 11:12AM Grumms said

If you buy this, you are an absolute idiot.

Seriously? $2.99 a month?

If you think this is a good idea, you're either a WoW fanboy or a moron.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 11:42AM ActiveNick said

• 1 heart
Nice, I must admit I will get this. Now if only they had a Windows Phone 7 version so I don't have to use my iPad or SIM-less iPhone for this.

The sad part is Blizzard will probably make a lot more money with this monthly service alone than most MMOs make with their main game sub.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 6:17PM xuiton said

@ActiveNick so why be a moron and buy it?

I could understand if they charged a one off fee of 2 or 3 dollars but 3 dollars a month.....

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 6:24PM ActiveNick said

@xuiton An how does that make me a moron? Just because you disagree with the cost or the value, do not project your opinions onto others.

$3 may be a bit much for this service, but it also gives AH access and I'm also hopeful they will add more services to this mini-sub in the future. As for now, I still want it and $3 a month makes absolutely zero difference in my budget. I spend more than that on coffee on a daily basis, so I'm fine with it. It's my decision alone.

I respect your opinion, please do the same with mine.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 9:27PM PhelimReagh said

How about 10 guild members who are thinking of getting this instead opt to sponsor a poor orphan in a third world country. And take that time you would have spent in inane chat about a silly game do something worthwhile like talk to your kids or read them a book.