Posted: Apr 18th 2011 12:21PM Valentina said

This doesn't surprise me in the least bit...Haha

Posted: Apr 18th 2011 12:26PM PaterFrog said

Mate, it's getting boring. You don't even need to tell us stuff we knew anyway.

Posted: Apr 18th 2011 1:50PM faralorn said

Worthy of note is that one player managed to amass 200,000 in gold by L17. L50 items in Korea are going for as much as 245,000,000 -- that's right -- two hundred and forty-five million. Something is badly wrong with this picture.

Posted: Apr 18th 2011 3:05PM edgecrusherO0 said

@faralorn

I'm assuming you've never played an Eastern MMO and that they are using a Easter style currency. In Easter MMO's, things seem wildly expensive because there is generally only one denomination. Imagine how much money you would have in say, WoW or EQ2 if you translated all your currency to copper? Back when I played WoW, I had around 40k gold, if my math is right (it probably isn't, I'm bad at math), that translates to 400,000,000 copper, and 40k gold wasn't even a ton (I knew plenty of people well over 150k). Think of it that way (i.e. hack off about 4-5 0's from the total and adjust for the drop rate of cash/economy), and it doesn't become "wrong" or scary.

Posted: Apr 18th 2011 3:50PM Dril said

@edgecrusherO0

No, but it is fairly stupid. I realise their actually currency is fairly similar (although the yuan (that's the PRC's currency) does divide by at least 2 more levels of currency into a jiao and a fen) but as part of Westernisation it can't be that hard to adjust currency values. It just makes it a lot more manageable; rather than thinking "okay, I have 14,567,376 gold, and that enchant is gonna cost 987,999 gold" you could just be thinking "okay, I have around 1400 gold, and that enchant should cost around 100."

Posted: Apr 18th 2011 1:52PM Dumac said

But Baraka are awesome... pfft

Posted: Apr 18th 2011 2:54PM Valentina said

Ew yeah they need to figure something about with the currency. Honestly one think that I've never liked about currency in korean games is the ridiculously large number they use...Millions etc it's like...really?

Posted: Apr 18th 2011 9:06PM Darkjoy said

@Valentina Brain to small to grasp large numbers?

Seriously, you people cry over the dumbest shit.

Posted: Apr 19th 2011 9:00PM faralorn said

Posted: Apr 18th 2011 5:42PM (Unverified) said

All of my melee character will be male Amani, and all of my casters will be female Castanic.

Done.