Posted: Apr 16th 2011 12:12PM Scarecrowe said

Watched it but don't get any sort of sting of bitter envy. A zombie MMO just doesn't appeal. Hope it works out for them though.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 12:57PM Vorender said

An online zombie survival simulation would be amazing if done properly, but I'm all set with L4D+WoW = ZombieMMO.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 12:59PM Vorender said

Hopefully it's more simulation than game, but the fact that it's console only doesn't bode well for my personal tastes.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 1:20PM (Unverified) said

Every article I read about this game pisses me off, because I would love to try it, if only it wasn't console only. Even if I thought the game was good enough to buy a console for, I wouldn't because I wouldn't want to, in any way, encourage developers to do more console-only MMO's. So I find myself in the sucky position of hoping that a game that sounds very interesting to me goes down in flames. Like I hope it make APB look like a raging success story.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 1:42PM alucard3000 said

Isnt this kind of putting the horse before the cart or counting your chickens before they hatch?Don't videos of the place they made the magic happen usually happen after it is proven that magic did happen to begin with and it was good magic?

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 5:58PM HokieKC said

@alucard3000 - It proves they're actually working on a console MMO. Something that several companies have claimed over the last few years yet never proved.

Plenty of people said "I'll believe it when I see it" when they heard about this one because of so many companies claimed the same thing in the past.

Believe it.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 8:03PM alucard3000 said

@HokieKC My point had really nothing to do with whether or not a mmo for console was being made.APB did alot of this same stuff with videos of them walking around the office showing so and so working on such and such and we all saw what happened with RTW.
And as far as console MMO's there are a couple out there DCUO being one and I think FFXI and PSO.
But hey I guess now that we saw them working that means the game will be awesome or good =p

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 8:42PM HokieKC said

@alucard3000 - Just off the top of my head...Epic, Bethesda, Trion Worlds, Platinum, Hi Rez, and DICE have similar videos. All very successful studios.

The MMOs you listed also are on PCs. This will be the very first console only MMO. Something many thought was never going to happen.

Posted: Apr 17th 2011 12:40AM alucard3000 said

@HokieKC Well it will be interesting to see how they work around microsoft/xbox's policy that doesnt allow 3rd party fees/charges which from my understanding is what has held back mmo's from the console.At least that is what I read about why Champions Online stopped their xbox development and what has Kingdom Under Fire 2's xbox version swamped-of which all previous KUF's where on xbox but the developers are making the console version of it a mmo this time around and is going into beta on pc&ps3 later this year.
Maybe they plan on making it B2P like GuildWars who knows.

Posted: Apr 17th 2011 12:53AM HokieKC said

@alucard3000 - The payment structure issues are interesting. However, MS is the publisher so if any exceptions to rules will be made they will be made here.

Posted: Apr 17th 2011 4:17AM (Unverified) said

@HokieKC

Wrong, Everquest Online Adventures on PS2 is the first console-only mmo. And still going today.

Posted: Apr 17th 2011 2:13PM HokieKC said

@(Unverified) - I forgot about that one. I suppose it's because SOE did a poor job supporting it (like many of their games).

This Undead Labs MMO will be their only game and all of their focus will go towards it.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 3:04PM Seldra said

@darkogele Better to peruse your dream and fail than to never try.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 3:50PM xyna031 said

Horde shirt XD

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 5:09PM HokieKC said

Can't wait for this game!

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 7:16PM Bramen said

I am interested in this game.

They look like they have fun at work, and that should translate well into a good game. I hope.