Posted: Apr 15th 2011 11:07AM Thorqemada said

Jumping in Perfect World, its only cool to double jump and with no falling damage sometimes jumping off the highest cliffs for fun.

I like any non combat skill that is fun or entertaining.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 11:20AM CaptKillsteal said

Jeeves and the Northrend Wormhole Generator.

Jeeves was hands-down the best thing I ever made with Engineering in WoW, and the wormhole kept me going to the Tournament time and time again.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 11:23AM poetker said

All of the non combat skills in runescape.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 11:47AM Saker said

EQ2 has a bunch of these "spells" abilities each class has that are just for fun. Warlocks can turn people into big toads which is fun largely because the toad graphic/animation is very amusing with big bulging eyes going in different directions. Necromancers can turn a group into skeletons which is fun. Etc.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 12:11PM Anatidae said

More than half the "game" of Ultima Online. Or, pick another sandbox game that isn't only PvP focused and you'll find a plethora of cool non-combat tools, abilities and items.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 12:20PM pixledriven said

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 12:28PM Space Cobra said

Like many, I do admire the music skills in LotRo and would like to see it or something similar in other games. Skills that really do nothing in combat are needed, although most get covered by /emotes, such as in CoH.

Really, you can never have enough /emotes in a game with strong RP. I still think dancing is a bit limited if all you get is one dance for yourself.

I don't use it for every character, but flying is also nice. It sorta fits the exploratory/Bartle aspect and gives a nice, pleasant "awe" factor as you sight-see places while flying.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 2:50PM Therax said

I always loved DDO's /LFH Looking For Ham

All-tho LOTRO's music system is darn cool

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 4:44PM (Unverified) said

The various Klingon emotes -- accompanied by linguistically accurate tlhIngan utterances -- in Star Trek Online rock my world.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 5:23PM Protoavis said

after that pic I'd say animal husbandry but then I don't think any MMO has really tackled that well (ie not completely superficial)

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 12:23AM Haldurson said

I loved Superjump in CoH/CoV. There were times when I was so bored that I'd do nothing else but jump from rooftop to rooftop in various zones, see if I could scale the tallest buildings, try to jump along telephone lines, jump to and from window ledges and/or fire escapes, and so on and on.

And /Boombox also in CoH was great.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 2:26AM Tristik said

~~
House decorating in SWG. I can't count how many times I was re-designing or moving things around to look at the clock and wonder where the last 4 hours went...
~~

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 7:42AM Nepentheia said

Leet form in Anarchy Online! :-D

One Shots: Cruising for Borg

Posted on Dec 22nd 2014 10:00AM

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM