Posted: Apr 15th 2011 8:16AM (Unverified) said

There are some fun "abilities" in SOE's Clone Wars Adventures... glowy stuff and holoprojector transformations.

But my absolute favorite non-combat ability in an online game is the male Gnome dance in WoW. A masterpiece of animation.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 8:18AM BrunoFoSho said

For exactly the opposite reason, Instill Doubt from EQ. Those animations went about as smooth as a C section...

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 8:21AM Bartlebe said

That's easy.

The music system from LotRO.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 12:41PM Spookimitsu said

@Bartlebe
This a thousand times.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 8:22AM Faryon said

The high elf angel jump skill in Rift.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 8:27AM Pewpdaddy said

Music system in LoTRO is really nice, nothing like healing GB and busting out "One" whenever the urge presents itself. =]

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 8:27AM Bramen said

Travel abilities like Blink (wow) or angelic flight (rift).

Also, I know tons will chock this up as a combat ability but stealth is a fun rp tool. Stealth up behind your buddies and yell "BOO!" Its fun if they play along.

The transformation animation from human to worgen and vise-versa is fun too.

And of coarse any potions that change your character, making them larger or smaller or morphing them into a demon from hell or terrifying rabid squirrel.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 8:46AM Aganazer said

Kal Por Ylem
Kal Ort Por

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:09AM Rindon said

Probing + ninja salvaging in Eve Online.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:14AM (Unverified) said

In rift you get a wand that you can use to turn others to sheep. Ofc. if they use a skill, they turn back, so it is unusable in pvp or for griefing, but it is pretty fun :)

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:14AM myr said

ffxi: /jobemote whm
Myrid applies a bandage to (target).

Especially fun when you team up with 2-3 other people spamming it and literally cover someone's body in bandages.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:19AM Ryn said

I agree, Music system in LOTRO. I was in the Prancing Pony tavern the other night, I caught a Trio, who were just flat out excellent, doing Red Hot Chili Pepper songs. Now, you might think those wont transfer to acoustic instruments very well, but they sounded great! A huge crowd around them enjoying the concert by the fireplace in the inn. Good Times.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:23AM MagnetHead said

I'd say flying or superspeed, but I never got to a high enough level to try it.
Jetpacks.

IF there was a skill to genetically manipulate animals, that would be top

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:35AM Ergonomic Cat said

It's a tie between the entire Entertainer tree in SWG PRE-CU (especially Image Design) and the Ranger's ability to set up a mini city camp. I loved finding some car off corner of Lok and moving in....

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 10:03AM Tom in VA said

Mage (WoW) and Hunter (LotRO) teleportation skills. Seriously, more games should offer such skills more widely. Travel mechanisms STINK for most classes in most MMOs. Who's got time to "commute" in an online game?

One of the things I loved about GW1 (and will love about GW2) was map travel, which basically gives all players teleportation abilities. Other MMOs need to get a clue about this.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 10:24AM KDolo said

When I played LotRO I used to like to say things like, "Cheer if you (whatever)" and then use my Champion skill: Boast to cause everyone to cheer. Juvenile? Yes, but it did serve the purpose of annoying "Evil" Kinships.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 10:26AM kgptzac said

one word: Mabinogi

But what I really want to ask is... where did you get the image for this post? :p the hybrid looks nice

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 12:24PM Space Cobra said

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 10:47AM isokill said

The male tauren dance in wow., Their was never a bad time to bust it out

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 10:55AM Hexedian said

While I admit that music is great (look up mabinogi if you want to see actual music skills), I was always one to go for animal taming - not the kind where you beat up an animal to make it your friend, if possible.

Why I Play: ArcheAge