Posted: Apr 16th 2011 1:53AM sortius said

Make it free to play and you'll get a HEAP of us who bought it at release back I'd say.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 5:48PM ActiveNick said

@sortius Seriously, this game is way better than it used to be. I only started playing recently but based on a boatload of news I've read over the last year, my own impressions so far and a lot of active player feedback, I can honestly say this game has never been better, and it just keeps improving.

Come try it again, you might be surprised :)

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 3:15AM GrizzlyAdams said

Actually even for those of us who dropped the extra cash for the collectors edition with the lifetime subscription, it can be hard to find reasons to play.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 10:31AM dudemanjac said

I keep telling myself I'm going back, but haven't done it yet.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 10:57AM Saker said

It'll go ftp within a year. Needs a lot of work to be good enough to survive period let alone trying to be a old style triple A title with software and subscription cost.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 5:49PM ActiveNick said

Even with all the new community missions created by players in the Foundry?

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 6:21PM Mystal said

If it ever became F2P I'd go back and play from time to time. I just can't justify paying a monthly sub for a game that also has a cash shop, especially since the ground combat and "crafting (it can barely even be called that: the game would be better of without it entirely) are so bad.

The space combat and the atmosphere of the game is quite good, it's just not enough to justify a monthly sub.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 6:32PM ActiveNick said

@Mystal The ground combat is getting revamped soon, the cash shop is either for cosmetic stuff or other items obtainable in game, and all the episode series are free. Sure, things are not perfect but some of the same tired old arguments are not as relevant anymore.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 11:29PM (Unverified) said

Give me Romulans as a playable race and I will sell my wife, kids and car into bondage just to play.....but releasing a half finished MMO, with a barely finished second race made me rage quit early.

Posted: Apr 16th 2011 11:38PM ActiveNick said

@(Unverified) When was the last time you played? If it was a year ago, you really should give the game another chance :)

Posted: Apr 17th 2011 5:14AM pid said

The ship in the picture seems like a rip-off of Captain Future's spaceship: