Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:09AM Tazmanyak said

• 1 heart
I'm really not sure this will save their game ...
But it will certainly attract new players. And give some meat to vets ^^

All in all, it's certainly a good move. Time will tell if it didnt happen too late :/

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:26AM Azev said

@Tazmanyak

You must be confused. Global Agenda has been a huge success for Hi-rez. This was not a move to save a dieing game. It was a smart business move that will make all there customers happy.

They are now even expanding and creating the new tribes game.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 10:43AM Tazmanyak said

@Azev In fact, i dont think i'm confused :p
I never bough the game, but gave a few tries since it has been released.
And each time i came back, the game really seemed "unpopulated": empty market, empty hub, impossibility to make a pve team; and recently, with the appearance of their "open zones": well ... empty zones too.
Giving a watch on the "global control map" (sorry dont know how this one is called) it seemed that only a 10th guilds were actively playing on it.

but i'm finally happy, if i'm totally wrong, and GA is a great success ^^

i'll certainly give the game a new try now, as soon as i have time out of World of Tanks :p

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:09AM JuliusSeizure said

And downloading.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 10:07AM Accualt said

Seems like a really strange F2P model but then I don't know how Global Agenda use to work. If you don't pay leveling takes 50% longer than if you pay a one time fee of $20. I can't imagine anyone playing for long, who enjoys it, not paying the $20 but this feels more like a demo+ than the previous F2P models.

I'm not saying that is good or bad, just different.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 11:49AM socialenemy2007 said

@Accualt Well, first off, they tried to charge a subscription, but since it's basically TF2 with a 3d lobby, nobody would pay for that. So then they tried the Guild Wars model. Just buy the game, no sub. Apparently that didn't work either. Now this.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 12:08PM madcartoonist said

I hope people are willing to drop the 20 bucks after playing around with it. I guess technically that is how it was before with a one time purchase (although I think it was higher then 20? I know I payed more then 20) except now you get an unlimited try before you buy.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 3:57PM ultimateq said

I've had the pleasure of playing this game, and I must say, it's pretty fun.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 4:28PM blix2006 said

logged in today..magma lancers still rule the pvp...no thanks

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM