Posted: Apr 14th 2011 10:01PM ActiveNick said

This game is shaping up very nicely. I only started playing it a few days ago and I'm already hooked. So much to learn.

I cannot comment too much since there are still so many things I have not done, but based on early observations, I wished the instanced planets had more life, like random mobs, animals, fauna (or even aggressive flora), flavor NPCs and such. It actually feels like the 60's series when they did jot have enough budget and the set looked so fake. The zones are beautiful, don't get me wrong, but aside from the essentials needed for the mission, they feel empty.

Still, I love the game for what it is, there is a lot for players, and all these news about future features convince me things will only get better.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 2:31AM Space Cobra said

I would like to see more spaceships of a particular race (or variants of).

It's cool other races are getting a ship, but all these races have more than one style of ship. Just look in old Star Fleet Manuals.

Really, I want to see 3-5 kinds of Gorn ships and I am sure others want to see more with their favorite races.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 6:23AM pcgneurotic said

@Space Cobra

I would love it if they could do a few ships based on FASA's old SFB games. Andor class missile cruiser? Yes please!

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 4:17AM JonBuck said

I'm really looking forward to the Duty Officer System in the works for Season 4.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 8:45AM ActiveNick said

@JonBuck Is this new Duty Officer system explained somewhere?

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 11:17AM (Unverified) said

@ActiveNick yes; google's top search result:

Has several dev responses in that thread that pretty clearly lay it out.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 1:54PM JonBuck said

@ActiveNick More detailed information here:

Keep in mind that this is still in development, but it's looking good.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 5:45AM pcgneurotic said

Ambassssssssaaadoorrrrrr!!!!!! Wooooooo00000tttttt!!!! /nerdjoy

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 9:01AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
So new ships and variants. C-Store stuff I bet.

When was the last time a ship (not a crappy shuttle) was added in game for free, without a ridiculous grind? The game has no end game, no PVP endgame, yet people keep on harping on about it being a casual game for casual gamers. If this is then case, then why the 1-2 month grind for ships?

This game is a poor, double dipping, travesty of a great IP and Cryptic have let a lot of fans down.

Until it goes F2P, then I won't be renewing my subs.