Posted: Apr 13th 2011 12:28PM (Unverified) said

Awesome ending, too bad you couldn't dip into the inner sea or colossus lake.

I too found abandon settlements near where we decided to take up roots, complete with olive groves that were huge and a vineyard. To me its neat that you can be in a spot that might have once been a city and build on top of its ruins to resurrect it to its former glory in your own way.

Definitely a game for folks that love crafting in MMOs.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 12:40PM Apakal said

You can't tether a smaller adventure boat to your cog? Bummer.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 2:23PM Stop said

I'll be 100% honest - I had little to no interest in Wurm Online before these two posts - it barely registered on my radar. However, I'm definitely thinking I might give it a go tonight.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 10:14PM (Unverified) said

So, I downloaded Wurm Online and made it almost the entire way on foot to the shore across from the Massively settlement before I was attacked and killed by a wolf. Is there a better way to go about getting out there? Or do I need to work on building up my skills before I make the trek?

Posted: Apr 14th 2011 6:21AM ShawnSchuster said

@(Unverified) It sucks starting back at the beginning each time, but that's what we all had to do. I consider it a bit of a character builder :) I say meet us at Shipyard of Poland because by then, you really know if you want to play the game or not. Just stick to the roads and be ready to run! I think it took one of my characters 5 or 6 tries to get up there, and another made it in 1 try!

Posted: Apr 14th 2011 6:27AM (Unverified) said

@ShawnSchuster Thanks! Look forward to seeing you there! My character is Malericreynolds.

Posted: Apr 14th 2011 12:19AM cowboyhugbees said

If the devs wanted to update some game systems (especially customization), this could easily be one of the great MMOs ever.

Posted: Apr 14th 2011 2:40AM ArcherAvatar said

Dude! You think it was just a coincidence you found the diamond there??? Maybe you should seriously consider setting up a mining operation there Shawn!

Posted: Apr 14th 2011 3:33AM BIGGIN said

"There are no daily quests or dungeons to clear; it's simply about finding your spot of land and creating whatever the heck you want. You explore for the sake of exploring, not for achievements. You face challenges that are applicable to real life, and you can't kill a wolf with your bare hands."

That sounds absolutely wonderful to me, and I really enjoyed both parts of this story. As I commented on the first part, it is definitely now a must play title for me. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Posted: Apr 14th 2011 1:17PM Jeromai said

I always found Wurm just a little too slow for me. The rate of movement and skill grinding portion when starting out just as a beginner filtered me right out. If not for that one overly time-consuming flaw, it was pretty enjoyable a game.

Contrast it with the speed of progress/achievement in Minecraft, and I suspect that's one reason why MC is a hit and Wurm is a niche game.

Posted: Apr 15th 2011 4:05AM Callagan said

I just looked at the map for Freedom and holy crap has it become full since I was last there. There's no land left! Also, Samling isn't the starting town anymore, which makes me kind of sad.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM