Posted: Apr 12th 2011 7:52PM Kitanishi said

I did not expect to say this, but...

I love this game. Why? Because for once, it offers something FUN.

Yes, you still kill, monsters, go through quests etc, but.....jumppack thingy is LIKE DRUGS. Spent whole first day jumping around and giggling like a schoolgirl, then I got another jump pack with higher jump height and it all repeated again....and then npc gave me a cool train-thing-mount with Gatling gun turrets mounted on it. Haven't put game down ever since.

P.S. Anyone who plays ranged classes and is NOT using the "non targeting" mode, is doing it wrong :)

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 8:24PM Slayblaze said

@Kitanishi You make it sound pretty good... stop doing that! We're supposed to be jaded gamers who hate everything new unless they name it "Rift" and then we'll love it!

Kidding. Seriously though... jump packs? Interesting, a jet pack would be even better but jumping is a nice start. I'm still holding off on Argo for now but it's getting harder to resist. Maybe after official release.

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 7:55PM Pingles said

Struggling to download the client. :( Been trying for a few days.

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 8:40PM gordunk said

I usually hate most of these silly F2P MMo's

But this has a lot of interesting things going for it

So I'm downloading it for now

We'll see how it goes.

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 9:13PM MMOaddict said

Tried it, found it exactly the same as every FTP before it. Even worse, and I'm nitpicking, but the font and annoying rainbow cursor just show that the devs for these types of games don't take them seriously. At least not how I would prefer a WORLD to be built. But that's just me.

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 9:13PM Rindon said

This game only has 1 male character class per race. Both are tanks. Every other class in the game is gender locked as female.

Really sad actually.

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 9:37PM waywardsun said

Gender locked classes, make for a game dominated by mostly identical female avatars. Not worth the download time.

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 9:38PM waywardsun said

...also, there is almost NOTHING Steampunk about this so-called Steampunk game.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 12:42AM socialenemy2007 said

lol 0:06-0:08 that flying tiger mount.....

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 5:40AM Boojum said

at 1:44.... this will be their strap line..."In what do you believe?"

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 11:32AM placebonation said

Also for some reason they touched on every race but black. Try finding any semblance of a black male or female as any sort of choice. I mean I would of taken a lazy brown skin choice. Just saying it was an obvious missing element.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 12:46PM Apakal said

@placebonation

You could pretty easily make brown skin tones in character creation. You could probably get the facial features fairly appropriate too, though I didn't get into character creation that much (it just doesn't appeal to me that much). You have more than a few sliders.

I really liked my first hour or so with this game, but after that it lost a lot of my favor. Unfortunately it got pretty bland pert fast.